Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Unreal X-Editor - v3.1.5 Available

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IllpIll View Post
    where is the new version? I really like this editor, the other Unreal IDE on here won't load for me.
    How about making an exception for the IDE in your Antivir program then? (Avast?)

Comment

• i have macafee total protection i have tried it both turned on and turned off.

Comment

• Some feedback:
        I get an error. Couldn't load dwmapi.dll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
          I am extremely sorry for the delay. I will upload it tonight
          No TV and no X-Editor V2.0 make Ikifenix something, something...

go crazy!!

Give me the X-Editor v2.0, give me the X-Editor v2.0, give me the X-Editor v2.0, 2.0, 2.0.

Comment

• Yeah v2.0 could be neat, Im sitting messing about testing Editors to see which is the one I like best. Maybe I'll just collect over 9000 of em

Comment

• Version 2.0 (BETA) is available now. Please visit Unreal X-Editor Blog

Comment

• I keep getting this error when I start up X-Editor v2.0.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Net Error.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	3248868

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyben View Post
                  I keep getting this error when I start up X-Editor v2.0.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]6946[/ATTACH]

Its a shame i didnt looked into it. Am sorry for the trouble caused. I totally forgot about this.

The error occurs because you are using Windows XP and "dwmapi.dll" is only available on Windows Vista and higher.

But dont worry...You can still use Unreal X-Editor by running the No-Ribbon UI. Click to see the help file on how to do it.

Comment

• No, problem. Just happy to help. And yeah, I'm running Windows XP.

Another issue I seem to have is when I close the X-Editor, the process still hangs out in the background for eternity. I have to manually end the process.

I'll let you know if I find anything else.

EDIT: You should add a no ribbon option in the program. I actually like it better.

Comment

• I installed v2 and it automatically (meaning, without asking me) associated itself with .uc files. Thats not a good behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by RNG View Post
                        I installed v2 and it automatically (meaning, without asking me) associated itself with .uc files. Thats not a good behavior.
                        I added an option to associate .uc files with user permission in the installer but for some reason it was not working. So thats why i made it to automatically assign to .uc files. I will look into it and let you know if i make it work.

Comment

• Congratz on the release, very good job.

I'm here to report a weird bug too that always happens to me. Whenever I open a file, some texts shows all white, to correct this, I need to change a new tab. This applies to the Background color too, if I change the BG color on the settings, I need to switch to another tab to apply it.

SPECS: Windows 7 64x Bits

Comment

• Originally posted by Psyke View Post
                            Congratz on the release, very good job.

I'm here to report a weird bug too that always happens to me. Whenever I open a file, some texts shows all white, to correct this, I need to change a new tab. This applies to the Background color too, if I change the BG color on the settings, I need to switch to another tab to apply it.

SPECS: Windows 7 64x Bits
                            Thanks for reporting Psyke. I will look into it.

Comment

• Im curious why IDE's opt to not support correct highlighting of the unrealscript macro language, I use it alot and its not very useful when I dont even get the option to highlight them manually. jEdit works great but when Ive got it setup for UScript it normalizes line endings removing whitespaces which isnt optimal for macros. The class tree is handy but I can add all *.uc files into a project in most other editors and it'll give me similar, infact with a custom glob I can remove all but the custom packages if I need to. Im going to continue trialing the various options available and I will let you know if theres a feature or bug Id like to see implemented/fixed

Comment

• Can we have a none .rar install option because I can't get it to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X