Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[Code] Simple Racing/path following AI + GameType

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya im new to this but my brother knows how to model so i figured id learn to develop and you gotta learn from somewhere. Now you said i could enter code where would i enter it at?

Comment

Also it would help if you could post a picture of the kismet. Im better at seeing pictures and not words

Comment

theres no kismet involved

in the content browser, click the actors tab, find Bot_SpawnPoint and drag it onto your map
        each one placed on the map will spawn a bot in a car and it will start racing at level start

and make sure its using this gametype in world properties found in the main menu

Comment

Ok thanks turned out it was not on the right gametype. Now down to my last problem how do i change my car model and give all the other cars "Their own models" Also can you change the code a little bit so the car does not start off moving?

Comment

Originally posted by zbzbz View Post
            how do i change my car model
            try searching for geodav tutorials

Originally posted by zbzbz View Post
            can you change the code a little bit so the car does not start off moving?
            no
            thats up to you
            if i were to code everything that people might want i would have no time for anything else.

Comment

Well can you atleast give me a website that teaches coding?

Comment

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sugex...w=1022&bih=693

Comment

Well im looking at the code in your scripts for a good start and i just ordered some books on coding. I noticed that this is for mobile. Will it still work with PC?

Comment

yes it will work on pc
                    at the time i made this mobile and pc were 2 seperate things in udk (2 editors), nowadays its all in 1.

glad you found some books, make sure they are not out of date or it will confuse you more.Angel_Mapper (rachel something) has a good up to date book on unreal script.

Comment

http://www.packtpub.com/unreal-devel...ers-guide/book

Thats one i ordered right now im trying to your cars to try to pass each other or avoid so they stop hiting each other. Also i made my track and put down all the nodes but it looks like the bot drivers are lagging and teleporting.

Comment

Any idea why the car ai is teleporting and im not.

Comment

sorry this code doesnt involve teleporting
                          parhaps make a new thread about it

Comment

Well i dont know if their teleporting but one second all the cars are lined up not moving and then they start appearing at random nodes. I wonder if its the night and day cycle i made with kismet. Ya the book came in and it help me code the night and day cycle .

Comment

Hopefully the glitch will stop so i can continue game development. By the way how much do you charge for coding?

Comment

depends what you want
                                pm me if you want something im not going to discuss it on the forum

Comment

Working...
                                X