• Show
Clear All

It's not working for me is it because I have no camera class

Comment

You don't need one.

Comment

R u sure does it work for u

Comment

I can guarantee it works. I'm using a derivative of it in a professional project at the moment. UTGame does not use a camera class as it implements UTPawn in a different way than the standard Framework.

Trying to find your problem can be tricky.

If you copied the code exactly, the following comes to mind.

1.) Error in configuration files. Double check DefaultEngine.ini to make sure you've included +EditPackage=<Insert your mod package name>

2.) Not running the correct gametype. In the Editor go to View->World Properties->World Info->Default Gametype for Pie-><Insert your GameInfo class name>

3.) You probably shouldn't be trying this as you have no prior knowledge of UScript, UDK and UE3 in general.

I myself ended up just botching install after install of UDK until obtaining a firm grasp of the Configuration system before getting into code. It's probably the most essential part of the workflow process.

Comment

Great tutorial!

But I want know if is possible do a camera shake system in this code like in GOW3 when the character is sprinting.

Thanks.

Comment

I wrote this code. and I have this error:

Code:
              E:\=== game\UDK-2012-07_july\Development\Src\Western\Classes\====Pawn.uc(36) : Warning, 'FirstHitLocation' : unreferenced local variable
              E:\=== game\UDK-2012-07_july\Development\Src\Western\Classes\====Pawn.uc(38) : Warning, 'bInsideHero' : unreferenced local variable
              E:\=== game\UDK-2012-07_july\Development\Src\Western\Classes\====Pawn.uc(148) : Warning, 'CameraOffsetRatio' : unused local variable
              E:\=== game\UDK-2012-07_july\Development\Src\Western\Classes\====Pawn.uc(177) : Warning, 'CamTrace' : unused local variable
              why?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Confusion View Post
                I wrote this code. and I have this error:

Code:
                E:\=== game\UDK-2012-07_july\Development\Src\Western\Classes\====Pawn.uc(36) : Warning, 'FirstHitLocation' : unreferenced local variable
                E:\=== game\UDK-2012-07_july\Development\Src\Western\Classes\====Pawn.uc(38) : Warning, 'bInsideHero' : unreferenced local variable
                E:\=== game\UDK-2012-07_july\Development\Src\Western\Classes\====Pawn.uc(148) : Warning, 'CameraOffsetRatio' : unused local variable
                E:\=== game\UDK-2012-07_july\Development\Src\Western\Classes\====Pawn.uc(177) : Warning, 'CamTrace' : unused local variable
                why?

thanks
                Those are just warnings and not errors, due to variables not being used or referenced.
                Also your pawn class, is it ====Pawn? if yes I would advise you to change it's name to a proper name, should you ever run into an issue, a class name should start with a letter or an underscore.

Comment

Code:
                  E:\game\UDK-2012-07_july\Development\Src\Western\Classes\WPawn.uc(36) : Warning, 'FirstHitLocation' : unreferenced local variable
                  E:\game\UDK-2012-07_july\Development\Src\Western\Classes\WPawn.uc(38) : Warning, 'bInsideHero' : unreferenced local variable
                  E:\game\UDK-2012-07_july\Development\Src\Western\Classes\WPawn.uc(148) : Warning, 'CameraOffsetRatio' : unused local variable
                  E:\game\UDK-2012-07_july\Development\Src\Western\Classes\WPawn.uc(177) : Warning, 'CamTrace' : unused local variable

how to fix this? (FirstHitLocation , bInsideHero, CameraOffsetRatio, CamTrace)

Comment

I solved this problem ..
                    but gun pulls elsewhere ...

pics 1 ..
                    http://s9.postimage.org/rbikrhjkv/image.jpg

if you bullet hitting sky.. bullet goes to the middle map...

pics 2..
                    http://s16.postimage.org/edpu2luqt/image.jpg

Comment

nobody knows?

Comment

This Is cool thanks for posting this.

Comment

I cant thank you enough dude, this is just what I needed a fix to the problem of not being able to use a gun in the tutorial

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ith-GOW-camera

Your extension has solved this problem for me and just wanted to thank you I have referenced this extension in a comment on there tutorial to help out others. Oh and nice little touch with the cod style eye zoom much better than the alternate firing thanks.

Works a treat

Comment

I only have one small error now and that is when I run my level from the batch file it starts in the basic fps mode its not picking up my game info code! hmmm any suggestions??

Oh and I forgot to mention that yes I have used GameInfo in the editor and the config files

Comment

Originally posted by GunnerJnr View Post
                              I only have one small error now and that is when I run my level from the batch file it starts in the basic fps mode its not picking up my game info code! hmmm any suggestions??

Oh and I forgot to mention that yes I have used GameInfo in the editor and the config files
                              Solved it just need to add this to GameInfo class for anybody else who has this trouble

WOW took a while but i found the fix to get it running in the batch file. Just needed to add this to the GameInfo class.

Code:
                              static event class<GameInfo> SetGameType(string MapName, string Options, string Portal)
                              {
                              	return class'RhoneGame.RhoneGameInfo';
                              }

Comment

Anyone know how to change the zoom so default camera is over shoulder and the zoom goes to first person style??

Comment

Working...
                                X