Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

(Created this thread in another section but I think it belongs here)

Hey, how would I go about making a gun that shoots out sort of a "Fan" and make the "Fan" be able to blow the player (and other AI/Objects) in whichever direction it's pointing?

For example, There's a platform above me, I shoot a fan on the ground and walk over it it blows me up in the air (a certain distance) onto the platform, or I shoot the fan on one side of the wall and if I step in its path it blows me to the other side?

Also, how would I go about importing the animated spinning Fan into UDK that the gun shoots?? I already know how to model/texture the gun and anything else I'm going to need so that's not a problem.

Thank you.

Originally posted by OxyHydroGen View Post

Also, how would I go about importing the animated spinning Fan into UDK that the gun shoots?? I already know how to model/texture the gun and anything else I'm going to need so that's not a problem.

Thank you.
    Have you created the animation in a program like Maya already?

Comment

Well for one, (without cool anims) , you can just make the fan a SkeletalMeshActor class in UnrealScript, and on ProjectileFire() in the weapon code, just get rid of the particle spawning and just spawn your fan class, then the fan class itself should have a Touch or ProcessTouch function when it collides with an actor (or rather an actor collides with It), and if true, then AddImpulse (or force) to the root bone of the actor mesh and send it in the direction the fan is facing.

Comment

What he said. That's probably the most efficient way of doing it.

Comment

Working...
        X