Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Vaulting (Using a placeable class)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question - i got the VaultActor on etc, done all the settings, but the player wont go up the wall, im using the standard bot, so would i have to do the socket stuff for that aswell like what you did with your character??

Comment

Originally posted by JmPrsh153 View Post
      to anyone really lol but btw is this actually working for you in editor? because i dont know how to actually do this
      no i wont run up the wall

Comment

btw does this also work with a third person view and just goes up the wall but obviously without wall animations because i have not yet done them

Comment

have u got it working then

Comment

na but third person is what i have already set up and this dont seem to work on first person anyway, i think im missing something important because im guessing you need to press a button to activate the vaulting action over the actor

Comment

have u applied the sockets, vaultstart and end etc

im doing that now,

Comment

yep thats all done and still nothing --- @TheAgent...Please help with this

Comment

oh btw when creating the vault start and end etc. what do you use b_root? coz thats what i used, i didnt understand

Comment

ya thats what i used to, and i got the positions similar to that of the pic,

thats the only thing i can think is the error the bones selection and the socket location

Comment

thing is that shouldnt effect the action because its the scripting that actually does the action so if anything it should at least move the character the other side of the wall but without anything

Comment

properly, im completely stuck now lol,

Comment

i got this working with out animations the only problem i found so far is this two issues

If the player jumps and then press E on a wall or vault actor he gets Stuck and cant move

Also i only can use the vault normal and high actors if i use the LOW one the Issue 1 happends my player totally freezes but the game still runs i do have create the sockets tough

Comment

so what do you have to do then to make it work, do you have to press a button etc.?

Comment

is it possible to have a video walkthrough, to make use that we got it all working correctly, because the codes compiles correctly, its within the editor etc that doesnt want it to work.

so some kind of walkthrough it make it easier, PLEASE

Comment

Sorry i've been busy at work. The socket should use b_root and should be put very low as in the image. else it wont work right. You will need to create the sockets on the utbot.

Although you really should be using your own custom bot. So make sure the sockets are low to the ankles of the player they have to be put in the exact order as the image.

Im too busy to make a video tutorial, I also dont have a mic

You have to press the E button to get it to work.

thats why its in the USE function.

Comment

Working...
                                X