No announcement yet.

Relative Physics Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are right. I just left it there for later usage, because a spaceship code would have use for that later on. But a plane's doesn't, I forgot about that.^^

Comment

Did you use my content and factory code too?

Comment

I did. Now please answer my previouly posted questions or otherwise I won't be able to help you.

Originally posted by Hiredicespecter View Post
        What keys did you press and what key bindings do you use? The default udk (space and C) ones or the ones proposed by Syphon (q and e)?
        If key binding is not the issue here, replace
        Code:
          // The magic happens here
        AR_ForceApplication = AR_UpwardsNormal * 0 + 5 * AR_NewRise * AR_ForwardsNormal;
        with
        Code:
        AR_ForceApplication = AR_UpwardsNormal * 0 + 5 * AR_ForwardsNormal;
        This should make the Cicada move forward without any player input as long as you are in it.
        Another reason might gravity. Is your Cicada placed in a large GravityVolume with Gravity set to 0?

These are the only reasons I can think of, because I used the code you posted before and posted exactly the code I used.

Comment

I use a custom default one; but should I change to syphon's ones?

Comment

There is no need to change your key bindings as long as the UTPawn behaves properly (it can jump, crouch & walk).
            Which keys do you use for jumping and crouching? What happens if you hold down one of them while inside the Cicada?

Comment

Nothing - no response.

Comment

Please answer all questions I make in a post. Not just one.

Otherwise locating your problem will take a very long time.

In order to decide whetever your problem is input related or not, please answer all of the following questions:
                -Does your UTPawn properly walk, crouch and jump?
                -Which keys do you use for jumping and crouching?
                -What happens if you replace
                Code:
                AR_ForceApplication = AR_UpwardsNormal * 0 + 5 * AR_NewRise * AR_ForwardsNormal;
                with
                Code:
                AR_ForceApplication = AR_UpwardsNormal * 0 + 5 * AR_ForwardsNormal;
                ?

Comment

Yes my UTPawn does all 3. The key to crouch is left shift and the key to jump is space. Nothing happens it seems to act exactly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by GentlemenGraphics View Post
                    Nothing happens it seems to act exactly the same.
                    You mean that nothing changes after you have changed the code in the way I suggested?

Comment

Yes that is right nothing different occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiredicespecter View Post
                        You mean that nothing changes after you have changed the code in the way I suggested?
                        Can you help me please.

Comment

Replace the 5 with a 50. This might help if it is a problem with gravity or damping. 5 would move the Cicada with walking speed, 50 is more than running.

On top of that let's rule out input as the problem.
                          I hope you are familiar with logging. Please add
                          Code:
                           `log("Rise: "$AR_NewRise);
                          under
                          Code:
                          AR_ForceApplication = AR_UpwardsNormal * 0 + 50 * AR_ForwardsNormal;
                          Now pay attention how the numbers spammed into your log change, when your are in the Cicada and press jump or crouch. If you press jump it should be 1, if you press crouching it should be -1.

[EDIT]: There is no need to post something like "Please help" after you have posted to a thread. Everybody that is activly following the thread, like me, will get a mail notification, already after the first post.
                          Give people, especially me, at least 48 hours before posting stuff like this, because I can't always respond within 2 hours, since I am in a different time zone than you and have a busy life.

Comment

No difference and I am clueless when it comes to logging.
                            Forgetting the Ar_Aircraft script lets move onto the default Cicada script.

Hiredicespecter, could you tell me what to modify in the Cicada script to get it near enough to fly like a plane?

Thanks.

Comment

There is no way to simply modify the Cicada script and make the Cicada fly like a plane.
                              The Cicada is a helicopter and the UT code doesn't offer a way to change that.
                              That's what the AR_Aircraft script is for. It adds custom forces to change the physical behavior of the Cicada. I changed its behavior to that of a spaceship, but a plane is doable as well.

The changes needed to archive a plane/spaceship like behavior have been posted by me before.

We need to locate the problem and afterwards it can be easily changed from a crappy spaceship to a simple plane.

For locating the problem, I assume there is something wrong with your level, proably gravity. Have you placed the Cicada in a large gravity volume with gravity set to 0?

If that fails as well, there is no choice but to log. Don't worry that is very simple. And you will need it anyway, if you continue with UDK to figure out further (non script) errors.

Comment

wow this is pretty mental.
                                works for me, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X