No announcement yet.

Relative Physics Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I stumbled upon this thread a few days a go it has helped me out, as I am new to programming.

@spector did you ever solve the counter rotation of your vehicle. I slowly working on a hovercraft/chopter. It is a limited flight sim, flies like a jet that could hover but the craft would not be able to do loops and I want to limit the pitch and roll axis by applying a counter force if rotation.axis > or < desired rotation also I would like to keep to have the roll return to zero when the player lets off the controls, however I have tried some things none have worked.

Comment

@chrisCPO: I see possible options for you. You could use the SimObject of the Cicada and tweak its values. That might work for you or not depending on what movement behavior you want. In this case you would not use most of the code in this thread.^^

The second option is to use the code posted here and set bStayUpright=true in the DefaultProperties. This will make UDK attach a invisible spring to your vehicle to keep it upright. You probably should try that first. The variables StayUprightRollResistAngle, StayUprightPitchResistAngle, StayUprightStiffness, StayUprightDamping allow you to fine tune that spring.

If that doesn't result in what you want, you can use angular RB_Constraints.

Comment

Hey thanks that helped me out a ton, got it working how I want it too, well at least with the Axis constraints.

Comment

Working...
        X