Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UTGame created instead of my custom GameInfo (yes, I have edited DefaultGame.ini!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UTGame created instead of my custom GameInfo (yes, I have edited DefaultGame.ini!)

Yes, I have edited DefaultGame.ini and DefaultEngine.ini. Look!

DefaultGame.ini
    Code:
    [Engine.GameInfo]
    DefaultGame=BoxGame.BoxGameInfo
    DefaultServerGame=BoxGame.BoxGameInfo
    PlayerControllerClassName=BoxGame.BoxPlayerController
    GameDifficulty=+1.0
    MaxPlayers=32
    DefaultGameType="BoxGame.BoxGameInfo";
    DefaultEngine.ini
    Code:
    [UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
    EditPackagesOutPath=..\..\UTGame\Script
    FRScriptOutputPath=..\..\UTGame\ScriptFinalRelease
    +EditPackages=UDKBase
    +EditPackages=UTGame
    +EditPackages=UTEditor
    +EditPackages=UTGameContent
    +EditPackages=BoxGame
    ;ModEditPackages=MyMod
    AutoSaveDir=..\..\UTGame\Autosaves
    InEditorGameURLOptions=?quickstart=1?numplay=1
    And I have deleted both UT*.ini files to allow them to regenerate. And done a full recompile.

And yet, when I load my map off Unreal Frontend, it loads as a UTGame and not a BoxGameInfo. If I append ?game=boxgameinfo it loads the correct GameInfo class. So it appears that for some reason, UDK is ignoring the DefaultGame line in DefaultGame.ini. There are no warnings in the log about not being able to find the BoxGameInfo class; it just spawns a UTGame.

I'm on the March build. And I didn't have this problem with another game I was making back with the December build...

Does anyone know what's going on here?

My first thought would be, that your content somehow landed in the wrong folder. Are you sure your source is in Development\Src\BoxGame\Classes\ and the assets are in the corresponding UTGame subfolder?
    And your GameInfo class is really named BoxGameInfo? No typo or anything like that? Do you see the frontend telling you that it compiled BoxGame successfully?

Maybe you have multiple UDK builds installed and all your stuff is in a wrong subfolder of UDK?

Comment

Yes to all the above. It's certainly compiling the BoxGame package - I have a .u file in the right place. As I say, it works if I "manually" start it with that gametype with ?game=BoxGameInfo, so everything exists and works, it's just not loading the default gametype specified if I lauch without the ?game= option.

My content is in BoxGame\Content, but I've updated my +Paths lines in DefaultEngine.ini accordingly and it's finding the map without any trouble.

Comment

Hmm. I had the installer for the January build lying around, so I tried the same thing there and got this in the log:

Code:
        Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
        Log: Game class is 'UTGame'
        So it almost seems as if it's not loading (or can't find) the BoxGame package, and falling back to UTGame. Which is madness, because BoxGame is right there, in UTGame\Script, right next to all the others!

Comment

The mistake is in the DefaultEngine.ini
          you have to edit it like so by adding the game to the mymod
          Code:
          [UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
          EditPackagesOutPath=..\..\UTGame\Script
          FRScriptOutputPath=..\..\UTGame\ScriptFinalRelease
          +EditPackages=UDKBase
          +EditPackages=UTGame
          +EditPackages=UTEditor
          +EditPackages=UTGameContent
          ModEditPackages=BoxGame
          AutoSaveDir=..\..\UTGame\Autosaves
          InEditorGameURLOptions=?quickstart=1?numplay=1

Comment

That is the only line I do NOT have. Have you tried removing it? ( the formatting doesn't look right either )

The EditPackages is correct, I'm not sure what ModEditPackages is.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizzard~Of~Ozz View Post

That is the only line I do NOT have. Have you tried removing it? ( the formatting doesn't look right either )

The EditPackages is correct, I'm not sure what ModEditPackages is.
              I found it in the version of DefaultGame.ini that was bundled with UDK, and it was initially pointing to UTGame.UTDeathmatch. So I swapped it over. Putting it back makes no difference, though.

ModEditPackages is for when you want your game to be a mod of UT3, rather than a standalone game.

Comment

Have you tried launching without using Frontend? that program suuucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
                  Have you tried launching without using Frontend? that program suuucks.
                  Makes no difference - which is what you'd expect, given that Frontend is just a wrapper for the command-line.

Comment

what advantes i got if i use this?

Comment

You said you tried Jan release. the ini files between Jan and Feb are quite different. Perhaps try making the changes on a fresh default ini set?

Comment

Yes, that's what I did. I installed the Jan and March releases in separate directories and modified the DefaultGame.ini files that came with them separately.

Comment

The Default.ini files are only used if the UT.ini files are not present. Basically it creates the UT.ini files from the Default.ini files when you run if they're not there. So kill all of your UT.ini or modify them the same way you did your Defaults

Comment

As I said in my original post, I've deleted my UT*.ini files. No dice.

Comment

There is no reason that I can see aside from possibly case sensitivity ( which I'm not sure exists ).

Unless you've specified it in the map itself under worldinfo.

Comment

Working...
                              X