Simple Walking not Flying.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Walking not Flying.

Hello there, I'm new in unreal scripting.
    I follow http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=716237
    in order to make a new game using UDK.

But why is it flying, not walking.
    Is there any ways to make it walking?

If your pawn class extends from UDKPawn, be sure to set CustomGravityScaling=1.0 in the default properties of your pawn class.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Polge View Post
      If your pawn class extends from UDKPawn, be sure to set CustomGravityScaling=1.0 in the default properties of your pawn class.
      I'm sorry, but I do not understand.

So, I just add CustomGravityScaling=1.0 inside yourpawn?(according to http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=716237)

But it did not work.

Comment

Originally posted by riowahab View Post
        Hello there, I'm new in unreal scripting.
        I follow http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=716237
        in order to make a new game using UDK.

But why is it flying, not walking.
        Is there any ways to make it walking?
        is there anyone can help?

Comment

Hello, you can try the follow:
          Open the Skeletal Mesh via ContentBrowser
          In the Mesh Properties (Left Bottom) check the Origin in Z, if it is in 0, put it in -51, if it is in -51 and not working, try -85.

Let me know if it worked

Comment

in your extended class from GameInfo, make sure you included

bDelayedStart = false

in the default properties. I know it was covered in the link, but it's the first thing that comes to mind that might have been missed that causes this effect.

Comment

Or if you want to actually start in spectator mode set brestartlevel=false;

Comment

wizzard of oz is correct from the sounds. the game is waiting for a start match command, which if your not extending UT content wont be there natively. Set your gameinfo bDelayedStart property to false and you should start your level directly as the default controller and not as a spectator.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizzard~Of~Ozz View Post
                  in your extended class from GameInfo, make sure you included

bDelayedStart = false

in the default properties. I know it was covered in the link, but it's the first thing that comes to mind that might have been missed that causes this effect.
                  I'm totally lost, sorry.

Originally posted by Contagion
                  Or if you want to actually start in spectator mode set brestartlevel=false;
                  same here. I need more detail explanation

class yourGame extends GameInfo;
                  defaultproperties
                  {
                  PlayerControllerClass=class'yourGame.yourPlayerCon troller'
                  DefaultPawnClass=class'yourGame.yourPawn'
                  bDelayedStart=false
                  }
                  like that?

Comment

bDelayedStart=false will place the game at start immediately.

bRestartLevel=false will allow spec mode then when you left click it will start the match.

Comment

Originally posted by Contagion View Post
                      bDelayedStart=false will place the game at start immediately.

bRestartLevel=false will allow spec mode then when you left click it will start the match.
                      by default my script is bDelayedStart=false (same as the tutorial)
                      but still flying not walking

see this video if you have time. (6.58-7.20)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEFyjUK23gQ

the result is the same like that. Flying around the map.

Comment

If you can post your code for your GameInfo class you created.

Are you sure your flying or does it just appear your flying. For instance if you are starting with base classes your pawn has no actual view so it appears your flying. When you run the game and then left click to start are you able to fly into the air still?

You most likely need to set a skeletalmesh for your defaultpawn and then it will seem like your not flying.

Comment

Are you sure your flying or does it just appear your flying. For instance if you are starting with base classes your pawn has no actual view so it appears your flying. When you run the game and then left click to start are you able to fly into the air still?

You most likely need to set a skeletalmesh for your defaultpawn and then it will seem like your not flying.
                          I followed exactly from here

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=716237

I'm totaly sure all the same.

I tried to copy and paste it from UTPawn (I mean to put the same skeletal meshes), but it is still the same. Flying, not walking.

I have not tried to left click, I will try now, and post the update.

Comment

so, considering that the default behavior for the game, is that you click to spawn, you've never actually tried that?

Comment

I did same exactly like this, no script changes.

I tried to press everything that my mouse has, but no respond.
                              I run it from application, I mean I just right click, and "play from here".

how to do that?the pawn is also same like

Comment

Working...
                              X