Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tutorial:How to create your own game without UTClasses !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is the final output fly-through or walking?
    mine it is just fly around
    how to make the walking?do I need to add another script?

Comment

I started a project last weekend that doesn't extend the UTClasses., so I can see why you wouldn't want to extend them now.

If there is functionality in some of them that you need, you can always lift it and put it in your class without all the stuff you don't want in there.

Comment

Originally posted by riowahab View Post
        is the final output fly-through or walking?
        mine it is just fly around
        how to make the walking?do I need to add another script?
        is there anyone can help?

Comment

The result of this should be a thirdperson camera view of a corrupt robot that can run.

Comment

is it possible to play with this classes splitscreen??

Comment

Originally posted by mikepurvis View Post
              The result of this should be a thirdperson camera view of a corrupt robot that can run.
              nope mine is flying around the map

Comment

riowahab the reason you are flying around the map is because you need to set brestartlevel=false in your default properties inside of your game class. Then once you left click WAAAALAAAAAA your walking!

Comment

Flying is a result of being in spectator mode. your gameinfo class needs a property bDelayedStart=false; this will start the game on load up rather than waiting for a match begin function (look at the UT GameInfo source). This problem is a common little annoying bug that doesn't make sense in engine source, but i guess was necessary for UT development

Comment

Its caused due to the if statement that checks the netmode for whether it is a certain type of game. brestartlevel is what is causing the major issue. By doing bdelayedstart you are just removing spectator all together. Some people may wish that to be so.

Comment

Originally posted by Contagion View Post
                      riowahab the reason you are flying around the map is because you need to set brestartlevel=false in your default properties inside of your game class. Then once you left click WAAAALAAAAAA your walking!
                      I will try that. Thank you.

Comment

thanks alot to all of you that read and comment these !

Comment

As you can see from the last couple of UDK releases, we are moving all the native functionality out of UTGame to UDKBase. Once this is done, it much easier to remove UTGame classes and content. By subclassing from UDKBase classes, and copying functionality as desired from UTGame classes, you'll be able to get whatever existing functionality you want easily into your project. Currently, there's no way to access the useful native functionality of UTGame classes without subclassing from them.

Of course, you will still be welcome to create your UDK app by subclassing from UTGame.

Comment

Steve,

That effort is definitely much appreciated. We were talking on the #unrealscript channel last night or today, about that .. and suggested also that it might be a good idea whle all of that is going on to move stuff out of the Engine classes that should probably be higher up in the current heirarchy ..

Comment

Warning Message

After I reinstall my UDK,I followed exactly same with the tutorial,
                              but I got this warning message,

please help me on this. Thank you

I tried to play, and I still got flying not third person camera

Comment

can anybody help me resolving this problem?thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X