Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tutorial:How to create your own game without UTClasses !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, dudes...this is my game info:

Code:
    class FRYGame extends GameInfo;

defaultproperties
    {

bDelayedStart=false
    	PlayerControllerClass=class'FRYPlayerController'
    	DefaultPawnClass=class'FRYPawn'
            DefaultInventory(0)=class'FRYWeap_BerranoRifle'
    }
    Problem is, my character showsup ingame with no weapon even though I specified a default custom weapon...When I addthe weapon via the Weapon fatory, my characte isunable to pick up the weapon...ay help?

Comment

lennard, suggesting someone do something entirely different from what they wanted to do, isn't really an answer ..

though, those do look to be about the only things, aside from a gamma control in UTPlayerController, that aren't directly replaceable with uscript .. and two of those should be coverable with consolecommands

Comment

keltar, using utweapons or regular ? did you look in the log for errors?

Comment

first :
          replace youweapon with some UT weapon and watch it works or not.
          if (true) check your adddefaultinventory function
          else check you weapon

Comment

Originally posted by LennardF1989 View Post
            There is a native console command to change resolution on the fly:
            Code:
            setres 1024x768x32
            Add a little "f" (without the qoutes after the resolution, and voila, yo get fullscreen, you can also use it in kismet so you can integrate it in your options menu =)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHornet80 View Post
              so you never checked the weapon sources, or any other UTGame source to have a look how to do things? thats great for you...but i suppose most of ppl use this files to gain knowledge and learn how to do things
              i'm so embarrassed. i've been trying for a couple of weeks to figure out how to get started with no success. you say, "most of ppl use this files to gain knowledge and learn how to do things" and to what files are you referring? i searched for a udk api and there isn't one. i'm flumoxed at how EVERYONE seems to know what is going on. You all are god/desses!

-Old Man Newb

Comment

Hello to everybody,
                I take this post to a related question,
                I'm new with the UDK and am doing a course of creation of video games in the university.

At this point I have to creating a series of projects with a game Engine and I'm decided to use the UDK.

The only thing that I need now is a Hello World. Using UIScene elements I have obtained it, but the problem is generating the package.

It creates a package that installs the whole environment of the unreal with my project as the only map. How i must to create a SIMPLE "Hello World"?

Everything I only found information about create levels, triggers and others. But nothing about create a new game. I followed all this links and downloaded the videos.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=710168

Any help will be apreciated, thank you very much!

Comment

Zordack:
                  Have a look here http://www.toltecstudios.com/theball/tutorialudk.htm

Hope that helps

Comment

UncleCrust: The code UC files that come with the game. That IS the API.

Comment

Blade: at first i was struggling trying to figure out what "code UC files" you were talking about then "DING" i realized that the UDK folders contain ALL the source for the game. OMG! You have liberated me! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!

Comment

Hello reropme, I followed this tutorial but I skipped the location section because I don't need this at this moments, and I skiped the .ini section too...
                        I will try it later, thanks!

When I finish it I need to do a terrain and navegate through it in a god mode (without player). I will modify the classes Pawn and PlayerController and see what happens.
                        Do you know any page (or book!) where I can find more information about it?

Thanks another time, I'm very frustrated!

Comment

Need help.. How to attach weapon to custom character not implementing UTClasses.

Comment

These are the reasons why you would probably be better off extending the UTClasses. Your probably going to have to write it yourself.

Why don't you just extend the UTClasses?

Comment

Originally posted by UncleCrust View Post
                              Blade: at first i was struggling trying to figure out what "code UC files" you were talking about then "DING" i realized that the UDK folders contain ALL the source for the game. OMG! You have liberated me! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!
                              I love seeing those "OMG NOW I GET IT" moments, when something clicks, and a whole new thing becomes clear.

Originally posted by stp_abhi View Post
                              Need help.. How to attach weapon to custom character not implementing UTClasses.
                              The regular Weapon class does not have a third-person view Attachment. You'll need to code your own. If extending from UTGame is not an option, you'll probably want to write your own based on the existing UTWeaponAttachment..

Comment

fine.. let me try it...

Comment

Working...
                                X