3rd Person Camera - Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I messed around a bit and figured out how to fix your issue in UnrealScript.

Add the following to your player controller:

Code:
    function SetCameraMode( name NewCamMode )
    {
    	// will get set back to true below, if necessary
    	bDebugFreeCam = FALSE;

if ( PlayerCamera != None )
    	{
    		Super.SetCameraMode(NewCamMode);
    	}
    	else if ( NewCamMode == 'ThirdPerson' )
    	{
    		if ( !bBehindView )
    			SetBehindView(true);
    	}
    	else if ( NewCamMode == 'FreeCam' )
    	{
    		if ( !bBehindView )
    		{
    			SetBehindView(true);
    		}
    		bDebugFreeCam = TRUE;
    		DebugFreeCamRot = Rotation;
    	}
    	else
    	{
    		if ( bBehindView )
    			//SetBehindView(false);
    	}
    }
    This is the same function in UTController, with the change in bold.

Try it out and see if that will work for you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I also still have the same problem, but like i said earlier there is something about the director track in matinee which is causing it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok it works with fegin deth but after matine with camera the caracter is still invisible

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I had this same problem yesterday. Here's a reply I made earlier on the fix.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i have the same problem after using matinee. i have however narrowed down the problem to the director track in matinee. im using the code posted at the beginning and followed the cinematic video tutorial for the udk. If you remove the director track it works but you can't view the cinematic and im not sure how you can set the camera back to normal from the Director track.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    maybe i am stupid .... but it still doesen't work ;/ maybe it's something wrong with the code .... i don't know ....

and this is how it look after the cinematic

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I finally got this code implemented and working. Great contribution!!! How would I accomplish getting it offset like GoW? I've been tinkering with it but I'm no coder. I'm a noob I've searched around but haven't been able to find anything on the forums or web.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dude
    cinematic mode needs to be "enabled" before the matinee begins, then when the matinee has finished it needs to be "disbaled"
    u can do it like this

Trigger -> Matinee [play] + CinematicMode [enabled]

Matinee [completed] -> CinematicMode [disbale]

if you select Cinematic node in kismet, theres some properties at the bottom, but only use this if you wana hide the player/ you could show a video, and have the player allowed to run around still

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just use console command with the behindview command

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how exactly ?? http://zapodaj.net/f7640b097503.bmp.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In Kismet you must make sure you run ToggleCinematicMode again when the sequence is finished with the option to show the character toggled on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i ve one question .... when i ve cinematiq i ve some troubles .... the body isn't shown any more ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMD1rxPhyZk this is what i am talking about

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nicely done camera, iniside. I've been playing with the code you posted and modifying it some for the sake of seeing what I can do with it, and have to admit it's helped me learn some stuff about the nature of the default camera settings. (I'm a decent coder, but working with vectors and 3D environments is new for me.)
    Something I've been trying to fiddle with, however, would be to produce an offset to the camera's starting position along the horizontal plane. The Z-axis code is already included in the default code (seeing as how your code here takes a lot from the default third person camera setup), but trying to get the formula right for the X/Y axes is proving to be a challenge. In your creation of this code or any of your work so far, have you played with anything along the same lines that you could point me towards? Much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi

i wanted to know someone can help me with camera on my vehicle, i have the camera all i wanna do is remove the mouse control from that camera so that the camera follows the vehicle something like in racing games

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for sharing this!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X