kismet - 3rd person cam and easing it..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kismet - 3rd person cam and easing it..

Hi, im trying to do a 3rd person rpg-action-adventure-style game.. or at least the visual part of it.. when i attach the cam to the player (see image) it all works fine and its almost what i want it to be.. except i want it to ease in and out.. so when i start moving camera slowly starts folowing and then eases out of the movement.. you know what i mean..
    Is there a way to do it in kismet?

unfortunately I canĀ“t help u with ur problem. but could u tell me how u maid the crosshair disappear?
    Thx

Comment

on the right side of the image is the kismet.. connect "level startup" to "give inventory" and in it check "clear existing".. that will get rid of your crosshair AND your weapon..
      just crosshair.. no idea

Comment

looks really nice fallen.

Comment

Hi Fallen,

Can you explain step by step your kismet scheme ?

Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by acesyde View Post
            Hi Fallen,

Can you explain step by step your kismet scheme ?

Thanks a lot
            This image should expalin the setup.. hope it does..

Comment

Thats so hot...better than what I came up with, to answer your question I have no idea, but i know exactly what your trying to do, might try mess around myself!

Whats the "Came..or_0" i cant find any camera stuff in the lists.

Comment

whats the thing to the right of the 'player 0' variable?
                I wish i could help. Thank you for this though

Comment

"Came..or_0" is "CameraActor_0" its the camera.. you create camera actor in the scene, then attach it to the player, offset and rotate it

Comment

How do you go about attaching the camera to the player? I feel the need for a tutorial coming on :P

Comment

for those who need a tutorial on the camera i made one

http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/s...rd_person_view

ill make a better version and upload it to youtube later

Comment

its so simple it doesnt require tutorial..
                        In the Content browser under Actor classes select "CameraActor". Then in your scene right-click anywhere and select "Add CameraActor here".. this places camera in your scene, position isnt important since it will be attached to you anyway..
                        Go to Kismet..
                        Create nodes:
                        New Event> Level loaded
                        New Action>Actor>Attach to actor
                        New Action>Camera>Set Camera Target
                        New Variable>Player>Player
                        Player says "All Players", but since you only want it to affect you, you uncheck "All Players" in its properties..
                        Now in your viewport select camera you created previously and right click in the kismet window and pick "new object var using cam_actor_0"..
                        Then connect everything like in the diagram i posted above, set values for "Attach to actor" to the values i specified or play with your own..
                        Thats it really!

Hope that helps

Comment

And the Decalactor and Emitter? how did you do it?

Comment

Decal.. Put DecalActorMovable somewhere in the world, attach some nice texture to it so it looks good in your level NOT attached to you, then the same as camera, "attach to actor" except for the decal i used 0,0,64 for the relative offset (so its a little bit raised so it gets projected on things like stairs etc, dont check relative rotation since you dont want it..
                            Same with the particles.. i made some nice particles emitting around in disc shape, attached it to the player the same way.. for the particles i used 0,0,0 relative offset, since i wanted it on the ground..

Comment

thanks alot =)

Comment

Working...
                              X