UDK support for Steam OS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK support for Steam OS?

I curious whether it possible to port a UDK game to Steam OS (and for that matter Xbox One and PS4).

Any insight would be appreciated

I'm pretty sure there's not even a port of full UE3 for XOne nor PS4 (except Rocksteady's own heavily modified UE3, as they use in the new Batman game)

I don't mean to be rude but having faith that this could happen seems overly naive. UDK is so dead that you not only won't get such a port, you probably won't even get an answer from the devs

Comment

UDK is not going to be getting any significant updates anymore, most likely just some maintenance for iOS stuff, no new features. If you want to support SteamOS or PS4/Xbox One then go to UE4
      There's little reason to use UDK anymore.

Comment

I thought steamOs was just essentially linux, and doesn't UDK support linux?

As much as I'd love to switch to a new engine, I'm currently finishing a pet project in UDK, so am just curious if it will be able to run on steamOs.

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
          There's little reason to use UDK anymore.
          that's a little harsh.im certainly not knocking ue4 but udk is an amazing engine.

I hope to get my current game finished this year and I had planned to move over myself then,but the stuff ive achieved this last couple of weeks has made me rethink.

Comment

I agree that UDK does still look very nice, even next to the new engines (I'm obviously not saying better than). I will unquestionably move over once I've finished my current project and starting a new, but I'm still getting some very nice results from UDK.

Comment

Unless you're already invested in UDK with a project, there's next to no reason to use it, UE4 is what it ultimately led up to.

Anyways, UDK does not support Linux

Comment

Working...
              X