This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi,Which version of the gfx in the udk-2014-08??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheBuilder View Post
    August build crash on ios7?
    yes i knew i read it somewhere, it was a thread about a gfx crash where someone replied about vehicles crashing on ios7.
    turns out vehicles crash on ios 6 too.

anyone confirm vehicles (cars specifically) working on ios 8?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    August build crash on ios7?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ruthless7 View Post
    Gamecenter multiplay system is Broken.
    oh noooooo!

wow so thats multiplayer and cars broken, doesnt look good for a multiplayer ctf in cars does it lol.
    on top of that, apparently games crash on ios7, and we basically 'have to' update our games using the august build because of ios8.
    and epic seem to be focusing on fixing social media integration? nobody even uses facepalm anymore do they?..
    oh dear

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Gamecenter multiplay system is Broken.

test 3 device (iphone4s,5,5s),(Use a different apple ID)

it fail.

but 2 device is connected very well. [4s - 5], [5 - 5s] , [4s - 5s]

PS. Multiplay without Game Center. it working.

IPhoneEngine.ini
    [Engine.Engine]
    ;NetworkDevice=OnlineSubsystemGameCenter.GameCente rNetDriver

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sean Palomino View Post
    Hello everyone,

A new UDK test build is available for the community. We've implemented several fixes and updates to resolve issues reported by users.

Core Fixes

- Facebook integration: Re-implemented the generic request feature, re-implemented the show dialogue feature, fixed friends requests
    - iOS deployment failure: Ensure that Distro_UDKGame-IPhone-Shipping.ipa is being deployed
    - Resolved UE3 iOS 8 beta crash when launching game
    - Various reported memory leaks

How to Request the Test Build

Please submit your request to developer [dot] relations [at] epicgames.com, and we'll provide a link to our FTP where the build can be downloaded.

Thanks!

Sean

Sweet deal and thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,
    I want add Facebook post to wall function to my game, I use code from CloudsPC. But I can't make it works,
    I can't see my App in "Settings-- Facebook--Allow these Apps to use your account" section, as my App can show in Twitter section.
    so I guess I may set something wrong when set up the Facebook App in Facebook developer side. There are so many settings and hard for decide which one need to set and how to set,really hope someone can share how they set in Facebook developer side.
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ober View Post
    there is another issue with Facebook.FacebookRequest, so there are 2 bugs right now:

Bugs:
    1. Aug 2014 UDK Crash with iOS7
    https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...GFX-BitmapFont

2. problems with facebook FacebookRequest

1. I get also the first bug, when I try it with a fresh UDK-2014-08 installation.
    Can anybody confirm it?

2. Can anybody confirm the second bug?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can Anyone using August UDK confirm if the "Kismet Copy/Paste Bug" has been fixed?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    there is another issue with Facebook.FacebookRequest, so there are 2 bugs right now:

Bugs:
    1. Aug 2014 UDK Crash with iOS7
    https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...GFX-BitmapFont

2. Login on facebook is possible and also you can receive the friendslist. You can also post on the wall with Facebook.FacebookDialog("feed", Params2). But if you want to setup a FacebookRequest, this is not possible. The code below is used. One version with the access token and another version without the access token. Both versions do not work, no one reachs the getFacebookMeDetailsComplete function . If you use the access token, which you get during the logging and you setup the string manually in the web browser, everything works fine.

I have done also a wireshark trace. If you need it, but it is not so useful, because of the encryption.

Code:
    exec function getFacebookMe()
    {
    	`log("function getFacebookMe");

//Facebook.FacebookRequest("me?fields=id,name&access_token=" $ Facebook.AccessToken);
    	Facebook.FacebookRequest("me?fields=id,name");
    	Facebook.AddDelegate(FID_FacebookRequestComplete, getFacebookMeDetailsComplete);
    	`log("Facebook.AccessToken:" @ Facebook.AccessToken);
    }

function getFacebookMeDetailsComplete(const out PlatformInterfaceDelegateResult Result)
    {
    	local int Index, i;
    	local JsonObject Root, DeviceArray, Device, Picture, PictureData, Scores, ScoresDataArray, ScoresData;
    //	local GFxObject TempObj;
    	Index=0;
    	`log("getFacebookMeDetailsComplete");
    	`log("Result.bSuccessful" @ Result.bSuccessful);
    	`log("Result.Data.StringValue" @ Result.Data.StringValue);
    	if (Result.bSuccessful)
    	{
    	}
    }

Can you solve the 2 bugs?
    If you need any information, it would be a pleasure for me to support the development

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Many thanks to Sean from Dev support for pointing out to me that you can use Filezilla for downloading UDK builds.
    Despite the fact I use Filezilla all the time I somehow manage to focus entirely on the "please use the webclient" instruction.
    With Filezilla you can resume downloads easily (can't do this with the web client).
    Also worth noting that Filezilla will default to something like port 443 - just delete the port number and leave it blank - otherwise it won't work.
    Would still like to see smaller downloads/different options (eg: remove the UT stuff perhaps or have it as a separate download) - as it still took 2 days to download with resume working.

Cheers
    William

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great news!
    Was getting a little worried having just released our game and having the possibility of it only working for a month once iOS8 arrived.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks
    EpicGames

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Tegleg, thanks for the post (in the other section).

Can Anyone using August UDK confirm if the "Kismet Copy/Paste Bug" has been fixed?

- It was present in 2013 July build, it is in May 2014 Build... in 2012 the majority of my content was Kismet based but was abandoned...now it is code based and i want some kismet control back
    Many Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks Epic, much appreciated

@William
    yes it took me 2 days with 2 failed attempts, downloading at around 50kbps.
    my internet is bad but not that bad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X