Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with kismet bot chasing player!

Hi there,

I have a slightly modified bot based off of tegleg's zombie code. It's functionality is easy- if it sees the player, it will go into a 'chase' state, and run after the player.

I start to have trouble if I want my bot to move to a path node, however. If the bot sees the player while its moving to a pathnode, (set through the 'move to actor' kismet actiom), it will first run to the pathnode, and THEN chase after the player.

No matter what i've done, including aborting the movement, I can't prevent this from happening.

When the bot sees the player, it should chase directly after the player. Instead, it runs towards its destination, before chasing after the player. Does anyone have any idea of what to do?

My kismet is below:

How are you getting the Bot to chase the player? Is Deathmatch AI enabled...? You can attach a dynamic object to the player and have the bot chase that i.e. 'Move to Actor' and forgo pathnodes entirely, as you haven't said what the pathnode is for... So what's the overall goal?

Comment

Did you try to add a Pylon in AI navigation? When I use Tegleg's Zombie code, I added a Pylon and everything worked well. Well, until I decided to move to patrolling AND pursuit AI behavior. After this decision, I have to deal with Path navmesh and a lot of states to define what is what, mainly in Looking State. It isn't your issue, right? Do you want AI roaming toward the player, don't you? I'm asking just to check if I understood the question

There is an old tutorial from Mougli that still a good reference for a basic AI: http://www.moug-portfolio.info/udk-ai-pawn-movement/. It works with some adaptations when you're extending from UTPawn too.

Comment

The Moug tutorial has been around a long time and its good... But I wonder how much use it is without a deep knowledge of UDK and UC. Whereas simply attaching a DynamicTriggerVolume or a Trigger to the player, and using that as input to Move To Actor will get the bot to chase the player...

Comment

frankit: It is a good idea about attaching a DynamicTriggerVolume to the Player. Usually I solve the things by Unrealscript, although I am an artist/game designer. So, I didn't know about this trick. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X