Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK stoped workin on startup.

Hi,

i build a custom setup for my first indie game. But i have a problem running it on other system. Installing and playing in on the dev pc is working without any problems. Now i installed it on 2 other PCs and i get this error in Logfiles:

[0006.21] Critical: appError called: Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\depot\unrealengine3-udk\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 581]

Stack: Address = 0xf41f39 (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Revenge of the Fallen - Alpha Demo\Binaries\Win32\RotF.exe]

[0006.21] Critical: Windows GetLastError: Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet. (0)
    [0008.93] Log: === Critical error: ===
    Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\depot\unrealengine3-udk\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 581]

Stack: Address = 0xf41f39 (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Revenge of the Fallen - Alpha Demo\Binaries\Win32\RotF.exe]

System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException error in UDK:

Eine externe Komponente hat eine Ausnahme ausgelöst.

bei GuardedMainWrapper(Char* , HINSTANCE__* , HINSTANCE__* , Int32 )
    bei ManagedGuardedMain(Char* CmdLine, HINSTANCE__* hInInstance, HINSTANCE__* hPrevInstance, Int32 nCmdShow)Address = 0x7574c41f (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll]
    Address = 0xfa8c31 (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Revenge of the Fallen - Alpha Demo\Binaries\Win32\RotF.exe]
    Address = 0xfe3ab3 (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Revenge of the Fallen - Alpha Demo\Binaries\Win32\RotF.exe]
    How can i fix this? The RotF.exe is there and i don't know why the log say's 'not found' and whats about the KERNELBASE.dll?
    Thanks for your help.

Is KernelBase.dll actually in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder on the PCs?
    This is a standard Windows file on Windows 64-bit OS'es so it should be there.

I have a feeling that those "filename not found" errors are not actually relevant.

The failed assert is on the array line which looks like an array parameter error or index out-of-bounds error.
    An assertion failure is an error thrown by one of the standard C++ library functions when it is called with invalid parameters.
    I'm guessing that there is an array created somewhere in the scripts or engine with issues or whose bounds are not being properly checked.

You are running the 32-bit RotF.exe in the Win32 folder, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by DGUnreal View Post
      Is KernelBase.dll actually in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder on the PCs?
      You are running the 32-bit RotF.exe in the Win32 folder, correct?
      Yes, to both of them.
      The problem is, there is no other code in the game/engine. It's default at the moment.
      If i build the game with Frontend installing it, i can play it without any problem.

I made my own setup like this way:

1. Installing the Frontend Build
      2. Change .exe Icon and name
      3. Added user Code for SaveSystem
      4. Created a Setup with Inno Setup that install's the UE3Redist after setup.

So nothing special but it won't work. I'm working on this projekt now for 5 month and everything is working great. Only the setup is f***ked up -.-

Comment

Still need help =/

Comment

I can only put my finger on your custom installer/settings.

Do a *standard* packaging using unreal frontend (without changing the .exe file names and all), and test it, if it solved the problem it means you packaging is at fault.

Comment

And thats the problem..

default installer: working fine on any pc (but usercode is missing)
            custom installer: working on my developer pc but crashes on startup on any other pc
            Zip folder from default installer:: working on my developer pc but crashes on startup on any other pc

I think the default installer copys some files to a windows folder or a regestry entry. But i don't not what.
            I can give someone the default installer and he tries to make a custom setup and tell me how and give me the installer script?

That would be great!

Comment

i'm guessing, but your first line of code is an error in the array.h class, check your code, if you are using arrays maybe you have some wrong condition and is resulting in a infinite loop.

Comment

Originally posted by daimaku View Post
                i'm guessing, but your first line of code is an error in the array.h class, check your code, if you are using arrays maybe you have some wrong condition and is resulting in a infinite loop.
                I'm only using the UltimateSaveSystem in the UserCode Folder.

File:d:\depot\unrealengine3-udk\development\src\core\inc\Array.h
                The path d:\depot does not exist. So it's not possible to check any files in an non-existing folder.

And why should there be any error in a file. The game is working with the default installer! Copy the files from the default frontend installer to another pc and this fake bulls**t log is there and i don't know why and how to fix it.

This is a senseless and unprovoked error. Just copy a working game and it's not working anymore ...
                Is there any support email from Epic? Just found one for korea and china =/

Comment

i'm not talking about your UserCode folder, i'm talking about the code of your scripts.

Comment

Yes but why should there something wrong?
                    Installed with default setup the file is working without any error. How should there be an error on a working file.

Comment

you have custom classes ? check them

Comment

Originally posted by vesta View Post
                        default installer: working fine on any pc (but usercode is missing)
                        custom installer: working on my developer pc but crashes on startup on any other pc
                        Zip folder from default installer:: working on my developer pc but crashes on startup on any other pc
                        I'm guessing your custom installer doesn't install the pre-requisites for UE3. The reason it would work for your PC is that they would already be installed.

Comment

Originally posted by daimaku View Post
                          you have custom classes ? check them
                          No. Only the working UlimateSaveSystem.

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
                          I'm guessing your custom installer doesn't install the pre-requisites for UE3. The reason it would work for your PC is that they would already be installed.
                          What is all the pre-requisites for UE3? The UE3Redist.exe? This is installed several times on the other PC and it won't help.
                          What else could it be?

Comment

Originally posted by vesta View Post
                            What is all the pre-requisites for UE3? The UE3Redist.exe? This is installed several times on the other PC and it won't help.
                            What else could it be?
                            directx and the net framework

Comment

UE3Redist.exe installs DX9 and net framework ?!

Comment

Working...
                              X