UDK Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK Error

I have startet the UDK.exe .. There is an Error Called : (0xc000007b) Anwendungsfehler ... I Use Windows 8 64 bit whats the Problem?

I am having the same problem...
    November download (latest)
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit - all updates
    4 gig ram
    i5 2.80GHz
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 460

I uninstalled .NET 4 Client and Extensions and Uninstalled UDK. Still come up with errors.

I installed UDK on my 6 year old laptop and it starts just fine using the exact same download. My son installed using the same download and he does not have any problems.

Full message reads:
    "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

Comment

Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found elsewhere suggestion to try the udk.exe in the "C:\UDK\UDK-2012-10\Binaries\Win32" folder... Guess what?!? It worked!!

To start the editor (just dbl clicking on the udk.exe will start the "game" mode), I created a desktop shortcut and edited the properties-target to read as:
      "C:\UDK\UDK-2012-10\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe editor" (just add 'editor' to the end) and now my editor runs. This forces you to run in 32bit mode.

This is just a work around until the real issue is corrected.

See post titled " Cant Start UDK" and all of the details are there for what I did. Another user, "Vulcan" I think, posted he was using previous 64 bit version but new update 64bit does not run.

Comment

Update 2/8/2013...
        Using the 32 bit version works until I try to build the maps. UnrealLightmass.exe now has the "0xc000007b" error and I am unable to build any map. Again my laptop does not have this problem (my laptop is a 32 bit processor and my desktop is 64).

Comment

Update 2/14/2013...
          Uninstalled and completely cleared system of previous versions of UDK.
          Downloaded and Installed Feb 2013 release.
          Win64 still has the "0xc000007b" error...
          Switched to Win32 and Editor will load...
          When building all in 32 bit editor, UnrealLightMass.exe still crashes with above mentioned error...

New Info...
          I renamed the Win64 folder and when I tried to build all in the 32 bit editor, it simply hangs for a few seconds then errors not able to find the UnrealLightMass.exe which is weird because I see it plain as day in my Win32 folder. This means that even if I am running the 32 bit editor, it wants to go to the Win64 folder to run some of the programs.

Here is my current fix...
          I created a new, empty Win64 folder. I then copied ALL of the files and folders from the Win32 folder into the new, empty Win64 folder. Low and Behold!! The 32 bit editor builds all and everything completes without error.

If you are still getting the "0xc000007b" error, try renaming the Win64 folder to something else (keep it just in case you have other issues) and make a new Win64 folder that is just a copy of the Win32 folder. Hopefully The developers will fix this problem or can identify why my computer is having this conflict.

BTW here are my specs:
          OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit(6.1, Build 7601) SP1 English
          Intel Core I5 760 (2.8GHz Quad Core)
          4096MB RAM
          Page File 2018MB used, 6165MB available
          DirectX 11

If you need any more info, let me know...

Comment

Originally posted by rwaller View Post
            Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found elsewhere suggestion to try the udk.exe in the "C:\UDK\UDK-2012-10\Binaries\Win32" folder... Guess what?!? It worked!!

To start the editor (just dbl clicking on the udk.exe will start the "game" mode), I created a desktop shortcut and edited the properties-target to read as:
            "C:\UDK\UDK-2012-10\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe editor" (just add 'editor' to the end) and now my editor runs. This forces you to run in 32bit mode.

This is just a work around until the real issue is corrected.

See post titled " Cant Start UDK" and all of the details are there for what I did. Another user, "Vulcan" I think, posted he was using previous 64 bit version but new update 64bit does not run.
            Thank You for this. Mine is working perfectly now

Comment

Check this out, from the Windows application log:
              Faulting application name: UDK.com, version: 1.0.4791.34615, time stamp: 0x511adabe
              Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18015, time stamp: 0x50b8479b
              Exception code: 0xe0434352
              Fault offset: 0x0000000000009e5d
              Faulting process id: 0x530
              Faulting application start time: 0x01ce52ad77099a40
              Faulting application path: C:\UDK\UDK-2013-02\Binaries\Win64\UDK.com
              Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
              Report Id: bad86ce7-bea0-11e2-b11b-00c0a8fbe12a

I wouldn't think that there is something wrong with KERNELBASE.dll, since it is up first in the Windows path and everything else seems to work. But it is interesting... Any ideas?

Comment

The Win32 exe is recommended in my opinion, there's really no need to use the Win64 exe.

If your lightmass is failing then make sure you shut down all background programs to release some memory and try to use Swarm Agent if possible to ease the load off your working machine. Tutorial: http://iamsparky.wordpress.com/2010/...iple-machines/

Comment

I had this error in UDK-2013-02 and fixed it by installing UE3Redist.exe. So simple

Comment

Working...
                  X