Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Terrain over Landscape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrain over Landscape

I know Landscape is way better than terrain but can i still use it to create massive landscapes? Why is it not a good idea if it isnt.

Why would you want to? Landscape is more performance efficient for large landscapes due to it's LOD system while still preserving detail up close, is probably optimized into newer engine mechanics, offers Foliage, has advanced sculpting tools and is easier to set up for layer painting.

Comment

Because ive already started to use it and it would be a pain in the ass to replace everything.

Comment

Well i guess i'll just use it, but i have one question, in terrain mode you could add sectors a little bit at a time, but in Landscape when i go to add a sector it adds this huge sector to my map, what if i dont want a sector that big? how do i make it smaller and is there any consequence to making the sectors smaller? I have a 253x253 landscape, but i will be making it bigger while working on my map, it will expand to more than triple that size.

Comment

You can convert terrain to landscapes.

Comment

no no no thats not what i was asking, what i was askin is how do i make the sectors in Landscape smaller because they are too big. also i followed this tutorial to the letter and my landscape turns black when i add the material to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5dXl...eature=related

Comment

You can't. It's how they are stored internally. However, you can use the Visibility tool to just paint the faces invisible that you don't need. Afaik should that also improve the performance since they don't need to be rendered then.

Comment

Oh ok, because i wanted to make caves and stuff so if the invisibility tool allows me to do this then its all good, also i got the different layers working so thats good too. thanks for all the help.

Comment

Working...
                X