Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

How do I stop fog entering my buildings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I stop fog entering my buildings?

I'm basically using exponential height fog to fill the whole map with fog, however I want to stop this from entering my buildings, is there some sort of volume I can place around the building to stop it entering? Or any other method would be fine... I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks, Nash.

Lol I asked exactly the same question not so long ago. You have to adjust the fog density via kismet. Add a touch volume and add a float to lower fog density when you enter building.

Comment

A touch volume? Such as? xD But cheers nevertheless.

Comment

place your builder brush somewhere where you want to enter the building -> click "add volume" -> select "Trigger Volume" from the list. With that one selected go into kismet -> right click -> chose "new event" -> chose "touch"

Comment

So by doing this and lowering the fog density, is there a way to make it so when I walk back out, it goes back up again?

Comment

Yes. You'll have to connect something to the reverse connector box on the touch volume trigger node. I can't go into detail because I wanted to do this but then I decided to scrap the map and so I didn't need to do it. I can't help you any further.

Comment

Ah right, cheers. One last quick question, sorry I'm rather new to it :L but how do I add the lower fog density property?

Comment

Working...
              X