Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*happy happy joy joy dance*

Comment

Is there any chance at all that this can be fixed for the current release so that we don't have to port all of our work for the single fix (unless there are more fixes that we don't know about yet, as April isn't out)?

Comment

Hurray! I'd be interested to know what the issue was. Note that this has also happened to people running listen servers.

Comment

Just wanted to inform that April 2011 does not fix this issue. To clarify, here are the repro steps:
          1. Launch a clean Windows 7 64-bit VMWare VM. (The bug occurs whether or not it's virtualized. I just wanted to confirm that nothing on my own machine was interfering.)
          2. Install UDK April 2011.
          3. Open UnrealFrontend. Choose the DM-Deck profile. Disable the Launch step. Enable the Package Step.
          4. Under the Start Button, choose Full clean and recook.
          5. When it eventually asks, name the setup package. (I chose "Test" and "TEST".)
          6. Install the resulting setup package.
          7. Add a bat file containing the following script to the C:\Udk\Test directory:
            Code:
            "Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe" server DM-Deck?game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?TimeLimit=1 -seekfreeloading
          8. Run the bat file.
          9. Once the server is up (to ensure that we don't have two copies of UDK trying to gen the inis), launch Test from the Windows Start Menu.
          10. Open the console and run "open 127.0.0.1"
          11. Wait one minute. The game will end.
          12. The client will correctly seamlessly transit to DM-Deck again (it's the only available map).
          13. The server will hang after printing the log to seamlessly travel to DM-Deck.
          14. Eventually, the client will time out and return to the main menu.

I've attempted disabling seamless travel and various INI adjustments to no avail. I've verified this bug in all UDK builds since September 2010. Before that, the dedicated server immediately crashes to the desktop, but that might just be the virtualization.

Comment

You don't have to connect a client, just run the server.

Comment

Is there any chance of a hotfix soon?

Comment

Any luck? This issue means that multiplayer games are unreleasable on any recent build of UDK.

Comment

We've got a listen server working right now, but it would be nice if we could get an update on whether or not a future release is going to have this fixed.

Comment

Any news on this?

Comment

Bumped for emphasis: Multiplayer games can't be released on any recent build of the UDK.

Comment

So doing further testing it seems as though listen servers work so long as the host of the server wins the game. If someone else wins, the listen client crashes.

It would be great to get an answer, as this delays any multiplayer games from being released.

Comment

As a workaround, using -seekfreepackagemap with an uncooked dedicated server seems to be able to host cooked clients. However, we still can't release a build capable of hosting a server, since the only way we have now requires a dev copy.

Comment

May 2011 fixes this issue for me. Thanks Epic!

Comment

Epic is the best ever

Comment

Working...
                              X