Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prefabs and Kismet code "Ghosts" Sequences.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prefabs and Kismet code "Ghosts" Sequences.

Hi,

if u create a prefab with kismet code, UDK moves the associated code block to a prefab seq. If u now convert those prefabs back to actors, the kismet seq stays inside the prefab seq. Now u have created a "prefab ghost", since if u delete the actors the kismet seq stays inside the level with no physical relations and u wont be able to delete the Seq object out of the Prefabs.

So it would be nice to allow Prefab Seq to be deleted manually or at least add some check/cleanup we can trigger, so the prefab notice that the source actors are no longer in the level.

The only way i found to fix those ghosts are to copy&paste the whole level into a new "clean" level. Is there some other way to cleanup/delete those invalid sequences?

Originally posted by AndyPandy View Post
    Hi,

if u create a prefab with kismet code, UDK moves the associated code block to a prefab seq. If u now convert those prefabs back to actors, the kismet seq stays inside the prefab seq. Now u have created a "prefab ghost", since if u delete the actors the kismet seq stays inside the level with no physical relations and u wont be able to delete the Seq object out of the Prefabs.

So it would be nice to allow Prefab Seq to be deleted manually or at least add some check/cleanup we can trigger, so the prefab notice that the prefab is no longer in the level.

The only way i found to fix those ghosts are to copy&paste the whole level into a new "clean" level. Is there some other way to cleanup/delete those invalid sequences?
    This is why I always make a Pre-Fab testing level to avoid issues like this. It also makes it easier to know which Pre-Fab you are working with.

Comment

I seem to be following Andy around the forums

Same issue again - lol

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the info! We're already aware of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronJones View Post
          Hey guys, thanks for the info! We're already aware of the situation.
          And yet 1 year and 8 months later this still hasn't been fixed.

Comment

And yet 1 year and 8 months later this still hasn't been fixed.
            Make that 2 years and 4 months... Oh well, I guess its not that hard to make a prefab testing level.

Comment

2 years, 10 months. I'm imagining you can make a new level and just migrate all the actors and kismet code that you want to the new level, leaving old prefab code behind. I'll try and see if this fixes the problem.

Comment

4 years, 1 month, wow.

Comment

Working...
                X