Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightmass and my firewall

Hi there.
    I use the Unreal Engine (UDK) a lot and I use Commodo Firewall. And everytime I build my levels the Lightmass asks the Firewall for Clearance. This annoys me, because I have to click ok every time. And this can be up to 10x in 1 hour and more. Since UDK copies the binary lightmass.exe to a different location each time, this is really an annoying issue.
    I have tried to allow all programs for port 8008 on 127.0.0.1 but the firewall keeps asking...
    Thanks for any input.
    rya.

Hey Scorcher24,

I have the same issue with my Comodo Firewall, and I assume all firewalls do this because it sees the executable as a new instance every time. The way I fix it is by disabling the firewall while UDK is open, probably not the safest way but its the only way I have found to be of any help.

Comment

IMO, software firewalls are nothing but a terrible annoyance. Hardware firewalls are definitely a better way to go. I know that doesn't answer the problem, directly, I'm sorry.

Comment

Turning off is not a solution.
        And no Blade[UG], Software Firewalls are fine. No Hardware Firewall can hinder a certain program to phone home.
        rya.

Comment

The guys from Comodo had a solution for my problem. No more asking from the firewall.
          The link as a reference for future people who might have this issue:
          http://forums.comodo.com/firewall-he...-t62894.0.html

rya.

Comment

Working...
          X