Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Couldn't Save Package

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't Save Package

Check log window for details.

I've looked it says missing actor so i close UDK load it again try to save straight away and it still says it cant save.

I've spent many hours of each day for the past 2 months and bang this happens

Is my level screwed or what

LOG Notes

Cmd: MAP CHECKDEP DONTCLEARMESSAGES
    Log: Built Phys StaticMesh Cache: 722.165 ms
    Log: COOKEDPHYSICS: 2 TriMeshes (16.089844 KB), 108 Convex Hulls (253.908203 KB) - Total 269.998047 KB
    Log: COOKEDPHYSICS: BSP 6.99 KB
    Log: Save=866.737672
    Log: Moving 'C:\UDK\UDK-2010-04\Binaries\Win32\Save.tmp' to 'C:\UDK\UDK-2010-04\Binaries\Win32\ProjectX.udk'
    Warning: DeleteFile was unable to delete 'C:\UDK\UDK-2010-04\Binaries\Win32\ProjectX.udk', retrying... (GetLastE-r-r-o-r: 32)
    Error: Error deleting file 'C:\UDK\UDK-2010-04\Binaries\Win32\ProjectX.udk' (GetLastError: 32)
    Warning: DeleteFile was unable to delete 'C:\UDK\UDK-2010-04\Binaries\Win32\ProjectX.udk', retrying... (GetLastE-r-r-o-r: 32)
    Error: Error deleting file 'C:\UDK\UDK-2010-04\Binaries\Win32\ProjectX.udk' (GetLastError: 32)
    Error: Error saving 'C:\UDK\UDK-2010-04\Binaries\Win32\ProjectX.udk'

No ones knows

Comment

Are you saving your package somewhere inside the UDKGame\Content folder?

Comment

C:\UDK\UDK-2010-04\Binaries\Win32

I'm using UDK-2010-05 but my file was originally in 04 and wasn't sure if anything would happen if i moved it

Comment

Well I don't see why you would save it to the binaries there might be some reason but you should make a new folder in UDKGame/Content name it whatever you want then save you package to UDKGame/Content/(your folder name). It's what I did to fix this problem.

Comment

It autosaved there

Thanks it works

Comment

Thought I'd add to this as I was having the same problem. However all that has happened was that UDK had crashed and I restarted it.. then I couldn't save the package 'error deleting file'. It was driving me crazy until I checked task manager and saw the previous UDK.exe process was still running in the background. this was preventing the file delete/resave.

Comment

Working...
              X