Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please, need help, UDK just won't start!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, need help, UDK just won't start!

Hi there,

I have a Vista-64-Bit-PC with enough power to run the UDK. So I downloaded it and installed it. When it said "Preparing for first run..." the installation stopped and nothing happened. I opened my task manager and saw the UDK.exe running in the "processes" tab (note: NOT in the "Applications" tab!). I killed the UDK.exe process and the installer told me that the installation was successful. However, now I can't start the UDK, I don't get a splash screen nor anything else, just NOTHING happens at all! (except for the UDK.exe showing up in the "processes" tab in task manager...)

I tried the february release first, then the january release, both with the same result - installation works fine but I can't run the UDK!

If you need some diagnostic data or something please let me know. I really want to use the Unreal engine for creating my own game...

Greets,

Alan47

try reinstaling it in compatibility mode winxp sp2, than run it as an Administrator , also download latest direct x 9c and graphics drivers, try and see what happens

Comment

Allright, I'll give it a shot. However, I tried to run the UDK.exe as administrator with compatibility mode xp sp2 and even turned off aero's desktop-effects, the result was the same.
      Direct x 9c should be fine (actually as vista user I have direct X 10), I'll check graphic drivers, but every game I installed so far (quite a few xD) worked fine so I don't expect any errors here.

Thanks 4 help

Alan

Comment

Hi,

I... I can't believe it! That DID it! Uninstalled the UDK and re-installed it in compatiblity mode xp sp2 and as administrator - and now it WORKS! First time ever I recognize that using compatiblity mode has actually some kind of effect Thank you, ellement, thanx a lot!

Greets,

Alan

Comment

still wont work

Hi guys
          I have a problem, i have used UDK at college and at home but now i cant use the new release or any other release of udk.

comp spec
          amd athelon x2 dual core processor
          2 GB ram
          windows 7 professional 32bit

Comment

Working...
          X