'GenerateUV's failed, couldn't convert to a D3DXMesh'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    If it does that then you're going to have to do it in a separate 3D program. Blender is free.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Having same problem! After 4 years! Are you Kidding me! Please Fix!! :O

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^ Not everyone has, uses, or even knows how to use third party programs.

It's an outstanding bug with the software and Epic should fix it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if you have this problem, just create a light map in the 3d modelling program that you're using. I had this problem a few days ago, creating a light map in 3ds max and then importing it is more efficient than relying on UDK.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Same problem here in DX11 mode.
    Please Epic fix this problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just tried DX11 again today and it still has plenty of issues.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This issue is 2 years old and still exists? Wow..

I'm getting it while trying to create a fractured mesh.

Guess I'm dropping down to DX9.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Same as above. DX11 renderer have no luck in generating UVs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've had the issue---but it's not a big deal. If that happens then I just go back into 3ds Max and do the automatic mapping for the lightmap UV there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AlexEre View Post
    When I switch my renderer from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11 by File -> Switch Renderer I had the same issue. And I can fix this only when swithc back to DirectX 9. Guys, do something with this please.
    That's the only available fix I know. I suggest Switch Renderer from 10 or 11 back to 9 works for me. Hopefully the issue will be addressed soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Same here. Is Epic trying to adders this issue ? Can we expect fix any time soon ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just found this thread after searching, as I am having the same problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When I switch my renderer from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11 by File -> Switch Renderer I had the same issue. And I can fix this only when swithc back to DirectX 9. Guys, do something with this please.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Linkinworm View Post
    which engine.ini file is that iv looked throuhg a load and it cant be found from search
    UDKEngine.ini

but I have AllowD3D11 instead, but still its on false cant get to work can this depend on the static mesh of mine is very large?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Chaosrik View Post
    Yeh I managed to fix this by changing AllowD3D10 to False ( i had set it to True previously) in the engine ini file. Seemed to mess a lot of things up that one.
    which engine.ini file is that iv looked throuhg a load and it cant be found from search

Leave a comment:

Working...
X