No announcement yet.

'GenerateUV's failed, couldn't convert to a D3DXMesh'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im also having the same issue with the latest UDK build.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaosrik View Post
      Yeh I managed to fix this by changing AllowD3D10 to False ( i had set it to True previously) in the engine ini file. Seemed to mess a lot of things up that one.
      which engine.ini file is that iv looked throuhg a load and it cant be found from search

Comment

Originally posted by Linkinworm View Post
        which engine.ini file is that iv looked throuhg a load and it cant be found from search
        UDKEngine.ini

but I have AllowD3D11 instead, but still its on false cant get to work can this depend on the static mesh of mine is very large?

Comment

When I switch my renderer from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11 by File -> Switch Renderer I had the same issue. And I can fix this only when swithc back to DirectX 9. Guys, do something with this please.

Comment

Just found this thread after searching, as I am having the same problem.

Comment

Same here. Is Epic trying to adders this issue ? Can we expect fix any time soon ?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexEre View Post
                When I switch my renderer from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11 by File -> Switch Renderer I had the same issue. And I can fix this only when swithc back to DirectX 9. Guys, do something with this please.
                That's the only available fix I know. I suggest Switch Renderer from 10 or 11 back to 9 works for me. Hopefully the issue will be addressed soon enough.

Comment

I've had the issue---but it's not a big deal. If that happens then I just go back into 3ds Max and do the automatic mapping for the lightmap UV there.

Comment

Same as above. DX11 renderer have no luck in generating UVs.

Comment

This issue is 2 years old and still exists? Wow..

I'm getting it while trying to create a fractured mesh.

Guess I'm dropping down to DX9.

Comment

I just tried DX11 again today and it still has plenty of issues.

Comment

Same problem here in DX11 mode.
                          Please Epic fix this problem.

Comment

if you have this problem, just create a light map in the 3d modelling program that you're using. I had this problem a few days ago, creating a light map in 3ds max and then importing it is more efficient than relying on UDK.

Comment

^ Not everyone has, uses, or even knows how to use third party programs.

It's an outstanding bug with the software and Epic should fix it.

Comment

Having same problem! After 4 years! Are you Kidding me! Please Fix!! :O

Comment

Working...
                                X