Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's amazing is that this question comes up every time there's a new release and it has yet to be adequately addressed. This has been a problem since the May 2012 release and it would be nice to get some real support for the Win7 64-bit users.

Comment

Today, when you install the UDC has faced such a mistake.

System: windows 7 Ultimate

The most interesting - the fact that everything was installed on a laptop with no problems. It is installed: windows 7 Starter

Please tell me how can I solve the problem? Preferably without re-download distribution. Speed ​​a little =)

Russia ...

Comment

To everyone else - sorry, but it will be faster that way

Originally posted by Elenger View Post
        Today, when you install the UDC has faced such a mistake.

System: windows 7 Ultimate

The most interesting - the fact that everything was installed on a laptop with no problems. It is installed: windows 7 Starter

Please tell me how can I solve the problem? Preferably without re-download distribution. Speed ​​a little =)

Russia ...
        На скрине ошибка CRC - битый файл архива, так что придётся скачивать заново. Рекомендую воспользоваться какой-нибудь специализированной прогой типа FlashGet - меньше шанс что файл побьётся если скачивается не в один заход. Есть конечно шанс что он будет на диске от какого-нибудь игрового журнала, но это маловероятно и скорее всего это будет старая версия.

Comment

_Lynx спасибо за ответ. Приятно видеть Россиянина на подобных форумах. Но дело в том, что UDK на ноубуке установился без проблем. Вообще. Этот же самый архив с которого я установил UDK на ноутбук я путем флеш-карты перенес на ПК и при установке ПК выдает вышеуказанные ошибки. И такое уже не в первый раз... Вашим советом по поводу FlashGet я воспользуюсь, но тем не менее как-то странно все это...

P.S. файлы я качал 3 раза, все в один заход и ошибки были всегда. И качаю я всегда через Dounload Master.

Comment

Sorry guys, but you have Regional forum...

Comment

Having a problem with the recent version (July) of UDK 3. When selecting "New Level" from the tab it auto prompts beginning with anew lighting template. There is no mention of whether I would like to begin an additive or subtractive map. Is this a massive n00B oversight on my part eg. is there something I'm not turning off? Or is there something I can do to turn the lighting map auto prompt off & the correct (according to all the walkthroughs) Additive/subtractive prompt on?
              Apologies again for the ultra newbie question, but we all need to start somewhere....

Comment

I don't want to start a new thread and clog up the page so:

I'm using the book from Packt "Unreal Development Kit Game Design Cookbook," and am trying to use the materials they give you with the book. They sent me a file full of textures, 3ds files, and UPK files, but I guess I'm doing it wrong. I can see all the packages in the content browser now, but I can't see any of the content that should have been brought over with it...

So how do I import pre-made packages and other content?

Comment

please for the love of god and a fan help me, i have recently bought chivalry medieval warfare from steam and once i download it and click "play" it runs first time installation i guess it is, what it does is install microsoft c++ and direct x and all that other stuff, but while its downloading c++ it gets an error and says "VCRedist x86 failed to install" ive tried everything and yet it still doesnt work.

what to do

Comment

Try installing manually, get it here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=29

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
                      Try installing manually, get it here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=29
                      I already have that.
                      Additionaly i have installed those files for sure.
                      I have rainstalled the game.
                      But problem still same - "VCRedist x86 failed to install"
                      I suppose the luuncher just couldn't see the files the are installed.
                      Do u have any saggestions?
                      -----------------------------
                      Указанное уже было установлено.
                      Дополнительно, для уверенности, я скачал и снова установил эти файлы.
                      Я также переустанавливал игру.
                      Но проблема осталась прежней - "Не удалось установить VCRedist x86".
                      ПРедполагаю, что лаунчер просто не видит (не распознает) того что эти файлы уже есть.
                      Есть ли ещё предложения?

Comment

Ok, my issue is a little bit weird: First my UDK started to work odd, with the content browser getting really slow, so i decided to erase everything and make a fresh install.
                        First problem came up: Having windows 7 64 bits, it asked me for a windows xp service pack 3, weird. It was the same installer that i used the last time, the UDKInstall-2012-11-BETA and the same computer (a Packard Bell I5 Laptop with an Nvidia 540M and Windows 7). Using compatibility mode solved it, but now. When the installation Starts, it only gives me two options for the project. PSUT3GAME or PSGAMEEmpty , the last time it offered me projects for PC, not for PS (That i supose it will be playstation or PSVita). Im developing my graduation project, and it`s a short game for pc, so i need the pc option and make a blank install. Any ideas?

Comment

All right, here's my issue. It says I need service pack 3, but I'm running Windows Vista. So I went in to the properties to try and run it with XP Service Pack 3, this shouldn't be an issue because all Vistas have that capability...al but mine that is. For some reason when I go to the "Compatibility" tab, click the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", and I go to choose service pack 3 in the drop down menu, but it isn't there, the newest version of XP I can make the program Compatible with is Service Pack 2. Why is Service Pack 3 not available?

Comment

Hi.
                            How to fix?

Comment

Originally posted by Ubhra View Post
                              Hi.
                              How to fix?
                              It's not an installation issues but an error on your side in the GamePawn.uc and like the error say a class cannot extend itself, try to extend Pawn, UDKPawn or UTPawn depending on your needs.

Comment

Hello.

I have solved something like 'Ionic.Zlib.corruption.Exception.appear...bulabula ' install problem.

The main problem is your Windows update. Complete all of your update of the windows.

I am using the Windows7 64bit Ultimate.

I had a same problem like you. At that time, 110 updates waited for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X