Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Risc, it would be helpful if you also (with specs) post the last few lines of the log file (either via the logfile or a cut-paste of the log window when running with -log on the command line.

PH

Comment

I'm installing the latest version and I get this error every time I install. It happens on both machines I installed it on. I downloaded a separate copy for the other computer. I have followed this thread and made sure there were no issues on my computer. The only similarities of the 2 computers are, they both have Windows 7 Pro x64 and both use an Nvidia graphics card. 320m in laptop and gtx460 in Desktop. Its actually at the very last part of the install that it happens. The January version works fine is the weird thing.

Code:
      Extracting all files failed with the exception:

Ionic.Zip.BadCrcException: CRC error: the file being extracted appears to be corrupted. Expection 0xFCBE18E9, Actual 0x63f8D82B
        at ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.VerifyCrcAfterExtract(Int32 ActualCrc 32)
        at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.InternalExtract(String baseDir, Stream outstream,
      String password)
        at ionic.Zip.ZipFile._InternalExtractAll(String path, Boolean
      overrideExtractExistingPropert)
        at UnSetup.Utils.UnzipAllFiles(ZipFile Zip, String Destination)

Comment

bad zip

Kynous,

It looks like bad zip files. Did you download straight from Epic? If not that, perhaps the zip program you're using is not agreeable to the download.

Is that Ionic thing something you're running, or does it look to be part of the package you downloaded.

I run 7-zip and winzip and never ebcountered any issue.

I'd definitely start by downloading fresh installs direct from Epic, even if it takes longer (since errors take longer than that!)

Report your results and between the forum folks, you'll get the bugs knocked out and be up and running.

-PH

Originally posted by Kynous View Post
        I'm installing the latest version and I get this error every time I install. It happens on both machines I installed it on. I downloaded a separate copy for the other computer. I have followed this thread and made sure there were no issues on my computer. The only similarities of the 2 computers are, they both have Windows 7 Pro x64 and both use an Nvidia graphics card. 320m in laptop and gtx460 in Desktop. Its actually at the very last part of the install that it happens. The January version works fine is the weird thing.

Code:

Ionic.Zip.BadCrcException: CRC error: the file being extracted appears to be corrupted. Expection 0xFCBE18E9, Actual 0x63f8D82B
        String password)

Comment

Originally posted by Kynous View Post

Code:

String password)
          I had same problem today.
          So I downloaded udk from Epic and also ran it as administrator and I have no problems now. I hope it helps. =))

Comment

So it finally installed correctly. I redownloaded it still did it. Extracted with 7-zip and it messed up on last part. Was about to just give up but I accidently ran the installer twice. It wasn't closing properly so I just walked away from computer to get something to drink. Came back, error was up, closed it. But the second one finished properly. Was thinking wtf.. I really dont know why it worked but whatever haha.

Comment

i downloaded new version of udk. then i install it but in time installing this message show?

help me?

Comment

Hello,
                I have uninstalled UDKInstall-2011-03-BETA1 and then when i'm trying to install the new one i get popup than i restart my computer and the message appears again. It is impossible to install.

I have:
                - uninstalled/reinstalled all Frameworks.
                - redownload UDKInstall several times
                - I tried registry cleaner programs
                - Uninstalling Antyvirus software

but this happens over and over again

My Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32bit
                CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 FSB 800Mhz
                GPU: nVidia GeForce 8600M GT 256MB
                RAM 3GB

Comment

Hi all,
                  I have a problem with march sdk beta.
                  I have 2 pc, a desktop and a notebook.

On both I've tried to install the sdk, but in the desktop I've tried evry version and no one work, because after the splash screen I get the message "UnSetup has stopped working".

My desktop:
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit
                  CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+2.11GHz
                  RAM: 3,00GB
                  VGA: Asus EN8600 GT MAGIC
                  COMODO Internet Security Free.
                  I have tried to uninstall COMODO bat the problem is the same, "UnSetup has stopped working", with ALL the installers.

My Notebook
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Windows 7 Professional 32bit
                  CPU: Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz 2.17 GHz
                  RAM: 4,00 GB (2,93 GB)
                  VGA: Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family.
                  Windows Firewall, becouse i've unistalled COMODO days ago.
                  The March 2011 Beta installs correctly, so, i have not need to try other installers.

Why I cannot use the udk in my desktop but I can use it in my notebook??
                  Have you any solution please?
                  Thanks all.

Comment

Im also having this problem, The beta 2 download from Unreal stops at 946MB everytime i tried it so i headed over to the Intel site where it had been updated.

After about 5 mins the download finished and i used winrar to extract the install and also checked the MD5 checksum's and everything appeared ok.

Goto install and im hit with an error will it starts to install the Agentinterface.dll

any ideas?

System**Studio 1555 *
                    system memory4.00 GB RAM *
                    System type64-bit operating system * *
                    Graphics*Display adapter type ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 Series
                    Total available graphics memory 2286 MB ******
                    Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB *******
                    Display adapter driver version 8.821.0.0 *
                    Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080 *
                    DirectX version DirectX 10

Comment

Originally posted by Marco3 View Post
                      Hi all,
                      I have a problem with march sdk beta.
                      I have 2 pc, a desktop and a notebook.

On both I've tried to install the sdk, but in the desktop I've tried evry version and no one work, because after the splash screen I get the message "UnSetup has stopped working".

My desktop:
                      Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit
                      CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+2.11GHz
                      RAM: 3,00GB
                      VGA: Asus EN8600 GT MAGIC
                      COMODO Internet Security Free.
                      I have tried to uninstall COMODO bat the problem is the same, "UnSetup has stopped working", with ALL the installers.

My Notebook
                      Windows 7 Professional 32bit
                      CPU: Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz 2.17 GHz
                      RAM: 4,00 GB (2,93 GB)
                      VGA: Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family.
                      Windows Firewall, becouse i've unistalled COMODO days ago.
                      The March 2011 Beta installs correctly, so, i have not need to try other installers.

Why I cannot use the udk in my desktop but I can use it in my notebook??
                      Have you any solution please?
                      Thanks all.
                      I have solved my problem in my Desktop.
                      I have formatted and reinstalled Windows 7 without SP1, now I'm downloading all the updates.
                      Maybe there was a program that causes conflicts.
                      I have UAC turned On and for now windows firewall and no antivirus software.
                      Sorry for my english.

Comment

i dont know why because my system specs are good enough to support the engine

i tried downloading it from multiple mirrors and even tried the before sugested disabling my avg but that didnt fix it

it wont say an error it just says "ud install stopped working" might not be "ud" but thats pretty much what it ses

Comment

Originally posted by m_basij View Post
                          i downloaded new version of udk. then i install it but in time installing this message show?

help me?
                          I had problems like this. I tried downloading from different mirrors, downloading using different browsers, downloading using wget, download to different harddrives and the MD5 check kept failing and the file came out corrupt at one stage or another in the stall process. I finally turned off my ZoneAlarm firewall and after that it worked. Could have been a fluke, but I figured I'd might as well post my findings. After I turned ZA off I had no antivirus or firewall running.

Comment

Just as a general rule when running that installer -

Make sure you're running with the "Run As Administrator" option (even if you are the administrator account or know that you're in that group) from the context menu (right mouse on icon) in Windows Vista or Windows 7

Also remember that many anti-virus apps will scan files as they are opened/created/modified, and it's possible that they are getting locked and screwing up installs....

Comment

Same Error here as well...This has been the case with EVERY version this year!!!

I can only use the December 2010 release since all the rest give the above error, fail to install correctly and will not start.

I have disabled my AV Software/Firewall
                              Run the install as Administrator
                              Checked System Specs
                              Cleaned my Registry
                              Updated my Video Drivers

Still nothing...just does not want to work. I see replies from other users saying that this is a corrupt download but I have downloaded from the Official site and now have downloaded the April release 6 times!!! Still does not work!

I have checked my computer and downloads from everywhere else are fine!

Plus it seems to me that there is very little/no help given here from the Epic/UDK experts - just from other frustrated users! Shame really as UDK is a great package...

Later...

Comment

Same problem here. I have tried last 5 UDK releases from different download sources. The same problem ("Extracting all files failed with the exception.") occurs every time I try to install UDK. Turning off Avast! and ZoneAlarm does not solve the problem. Problem persists.
                                It seems that installation packages are corrupted. I really hope that soon Epic/UDK experts will solve this problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X