This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    @geodav, I've been trying to find the content for you LandWalker tutorial. I've looked all over and the site [https://sites.google.com/site/ut40km...udk-tutorials] is the only place I found that has a link, but it is broken. Is there anywhere I can still get the landwalker content?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think various perspectives all help. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For blender users, I made a supplementary video on rigging and skinning (blender docs sort of missing this bit).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvSFfPh2e3k

Ok enough lolly gagging, back to the regularily scheduled program...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by geodav View Post
    its been a while but if you send me your package+code i promise to have a look and see if i can fix it, never worked on the Chally2 tank or Chally or Chiefy, ex B-Mech just 430's + CVRT's + Wheeled but thats another story.
    its up to you i'll give it my best shot if you want
    Thanks GeoDav, as I said I don't expect you to fix it because it's code stuff. You help a lot of people so I'm thinking the more info on variations will add more strings to your bow.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    its been a while but if you send me your package+code i promise to have a look and see if i can fix it, never worked on the Chally2 tank or Chally or Chiefy, ex B-Mech just 430's + CVRT's + Wheeled but thats another story.

its up to you i'll give it my best shot if you want

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi GeoDav!

I looked at the UT3 Goliath and tried that rig, and tried that scaling plugin too. They have no 2nd bone between the chassis and the main turret, but I get the same results either way, bone or no bone.

I did suggest I can send you my rig if you want. Not to fix it for me which I doubt you can anyway but strictly fyi for your head so you will see a definite different problem because of my setup, below:-
    As I say it works except no barrel rotate up/down (unless I don't mind it slewing left/right, which I do mind!), and both turret rotates must be 'reset if unattended.'
    I think the only way to make it work is the code somehow, sadly neither your expertise nor mine. Take another look at the scorpion driving and the little rocket turret which rotates as the vehicle turns, the essence of the problem.

More specifically in the UT3 Goliath (and your tank) driver and turret operator are the same. My tank is driver seat / turret seat / mg turret seat. Theoretically then after the driver, my cannon turret becomes the equivalent of the ut3/udk mg turret, so subsequently my mg turret is right off the planet of udk/ut3 code. Meh, what a steaming pile of crêpe I've mixed.

If I fix it I'll report back here. Again GeoDav, thanks for your tuts and encouragement, it all helps!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i think i'll have to re-install UT3 to double check because your turret setup is the same as the goliath tank eg a mg turret on top of the main turret.

i'll get back to you asap

just per chance i still had the package copied on my hd, i doubt it will help much but here we go

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

as you can see the"ResetWhenUnattended" is ticked but the add rotation is not , and the BoneRotationSpace is set to BCS_ActorSpace
    not sure what the "SkelControlSingleBone - TurretScale" is for i'll have to dig into the code maybe and hope its not native like the tracks were

you might be able to see the skeleton on the tank if that help

ok me again the TurretScale is found in the UTVehicle code, its to do with when it gets destroyed so you might what that as well

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i think i'll have to re-install UT3 to double check because your turret setup is the same as the goliath tank eg a mg turret on top of the main turret.

i'll get back to you asap

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by geodav View Post
    i know , it looks like Fileplanet has cancelled all hosting. please goto my youtube channel as they are all there plus more

http://www.youtube.com/user/ut40kgeodav?feature=mhee

@snipe34, the FPA tutorials are up on my channel, i haven't done much with the animtree as i use the UDK version but i did show a little in my walker video's , i think the main problem with the animtree stuff is the node names, as it's sometime hard to work out what you need due to the way the nodes are named.

if your really stuck then let me know and i'll see what i can do
    Thanks Dav!

Log: Large/Invalid InRightTrackVel! -10020.916992 (in ChallengerII_Content_0) - I'll have to get your code and redo to fix that error I think.

Which probably influences my question at hand, well statment I think. I tied the extra bone, no real difference. My tank is setup like your tut, Dav, from files that I downloaded. In the pic below Adjustments > Apply Rotation is unticked because if it's ticked I get the slew sideways problem with the barrel. Same problem with the MG Turret barrel.

Probably it's because I have two turrets, the cannon turret and the mg turret. Probably UDK code does not consider that, and probably 'if you want to get fancy, code it yourself,' which is fair enough. I say this because I've tried ticking the boxes in about every combo I can think of. The results being variations of barrel slew.

Driver seat 0
    Cannon seat 1
    MG seat 2

Barrel slew: Drive the tank and the barrel slews around left or right. But jump into the cannon turret/ MG turret and the barrel slowly aligns to where it should be, and stays there and subsequently and makes an effort to go up and down. Jump out and in again, and slew again.

Among the ticking unticking i tried MaxAngle MinAngle of the yaw/ roll to 1 and -1, thinking maybe there would minimal yaw of 1 or -1, which i could live with, but nope. So constrain Yaw/Roll ticked or unticked (the top options) make no difference. I tried constrained to different bones, to WorldSpace, ActorSpace, BrainSpace the results are just worse to bad.

Next, besides barrel slew, there's turret rotate (including with the MG turret). It will only rotates with the tank as it drives if "Reset When Unattended" is ticked. Otherwise the turrets rotate around as you drive.

My best result since I started posting on this thread -- the barrels must be fixed and the turrets must be reset when unattended, which is ****e, but I guess it will have to do until I get more learning, and patience.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i know , it looks like Fileplanet has cancelled all hosting. please goto my youtube channel as they are all there plus more

http://www.youtube.com/user/ut40kgeodav?feature=mhee

@snipe34, the FPA tutorials are up on my channel, i haven't done much with the animtree as i use the UDK version but i did show a little in my walker video's , i think the main problem with the animtree stuff is the node names, as it's sometime hard to work out what you need due to the way the nodes are named.

if your really stuck then let me know and i'll see what i can do

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, i'm in this site https://sites.google.com/site/ut40km.../udk-tutorials and NONE of the links are working there's no other good tutorials i can find on google at the moment; please help

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi again DAV!

I hope you can help me, yet again!

The spare bone from the main bone (I re-read your post, other posts, most of Google until finally, duh, ic the spare bone). So it goes, Chassis > Spare bone > turret1. From turret1, to turret2 is another spare bone needed?

Hmm...nvm, I'll put one in anyways and reply here with the result.

Could not get the SoundCue working - tried the cue with different sound, also nothing. I deleted the Cue, did another and all's good.

First person arms tut would be good. AnimTrees, despite Wraiyth's tuts are like mazes without satnavs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok for those who need a little help i've just started a First Person Arms series, this time i'm trying to keep the videos short.
    using 3ds max for now but will try and do blender later

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey! Appreciate the quick response, your head and mine both :s I'm tempted to get back to it, but wife ordered i take a break. When i lose my cool nothing works. So.... i was looking the character skeleton, but probably no. Basic texturing, importing or probably just mapping - exquivalent for me of basket weaving I'll get back to the tank later when I'm more objective, thanks again Geodav!

Hey! Appreciate the quick response, your head and mine both :s I'm tempted to get back to it, but wife ordered i take a break. When i lose my cool nothing works. So.... i was looking the character skeleton, but probably no. Basic texturing, importing or probably just mapping - exquivalent for me of basket weaving I'll get back to the tank later when I'm more objective, thanks again Geodav!

more Edit: Both tracks working - wasn't sure what you meant by Material Slot but now I am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5KZlQbPDuys

Seems when there's a turret extend from a turret there's a problem with pitch rotations, up/down. If I use the tank turret setup as your example, the cannon gun + turret gun will be rotating to my view when I jump into their seats. ie: the guns themselves slew left or right. The only solution I found was ticking the box: Reset When Unattended on both cannon and mg turret. Not ideal because the result is neither the cannon gun nor the mg move up or down, but their turrets rotate, the anims work, so bang bang ^^ Yep, I tried ticking various boxes in various combos with add rotation off, on, bonespace; pointing to otherbonespace, etc, etc, with various weird results. If you're really curious pm me for a dl link.

I got a wheeled vehicle imported too and sadly, latterly looked at your blue car vid, noticing you mention import with the axles raised, result of my vehicle is the back end droops xd But I did some adjustments and it looks reasonable. VW next which I'm texturing atm and other vehicles as well - didn't intend vehicles, but they will go fine in the mod.

Collision had me confused, (besides other stuff xd). I thought naming per poly collision bones made the collision, but it's the physics asset. I noticed that after I made a box surrounding the entire truck / pinzgauer and I couldn't get the back.

Oh yeah, the cannon sound, still working on that one, lol - also Cascade argggh.

Again, many thanks for your direct and indirect support Geodav!!

in the driver's seat, but I set the socket's out at an angle to view.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ahhh the joys of tank turrets, the amount of heads i've had with them not working, alot depends on which seat and how its rigged, seat(0) doesn't need an extra bone between the base_bone and the yaw bone, any other seats do !!!! please don't ask why no idea, second in the YAW UTSkelControl_TurretConstained/Rotation tick "addrotation" and set the "bone rotation space" to "BCS_ActorSpace)
    in the Pitch UTSkelControl_TurretConstained/Rotation tick "addrotation" and set the "bone rotation space" to "BCS_OtherBoneSpace) and then name the yaw bone in the "Rotation Space Bone Name"

now for the track either a typo in your code or a messed up material slot !! no suspension could be the lookat's in the animtree not set right or code, audio hard to say could be code or sound file

Leave a comment:

Working...
X