the content into

UDK\UDK-2010-10\UDKGame\Content\DavCorp\Content\Vehicles folder

don't forget to add +EditPackages=DavCorp to your DefaultEngine.ini file eg
    Code:
    [UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
    +EditPackages=UTGame
    +EditPackages=UTGameContent
    +EditPackages=DavCorp
    when you do this re-compile your scripts then go into the editor load your map, delete the vehicle factory, re-build map, save map, exit the editor.
    re-start the editor, open map, add the new vehiclefactory, re-build map, play map.

it might be a case that the map was looking for a factory thats not really there anymore which is why i advise the above workflow

Comment

it works!

I reinstalled UDK, and went through the steps from the beginning again.

Thank U for Ur help mate, nice one.

Comment

Tutorial List

Thanks for the previous info.

I have decided to try using the ingame train in heatray. I exported using 3DRipper if people are interested.

I am going to rebuild the wheels in 3DSMax8 and bone it with rotatable bogeys (wont bother adding materials, just get it in).

I was going through your wheeled tutorials and cannot get " Exporting the Morph targets for a wheeled Vehicle from 3ds max - 02", nor can i get "Painting a Damage-Mask for the LandBuggy in Blacksmith3d - 03" - files not found. Currently looking elsewhere but am not hopeful

In the meantime will look at other tutorials to see how to get the Train imported as a vehicle using hellbender script with the left right turn disabled.

Any help is much appreciated.

Comment

just checked the links they seem fine, Fileplanet do a lot of maintance on their servers so if you can't get a link then give it an hour or so and try again

ps a train in heatray i must be blind or i get fragged to much

Comment

Hey Geodav,

First thank you so much for your tutorials, work great! really do. Just a quick question, at the end of your land buggy tutorial you mention the buggy's rear sits lower for some reason, did you end up solving this?

Sorry if you have and I had missed it in these threads.

Its seems fine in the editor, SK mesh and PA meshes etc, but in playing the level the rear sits down.

I cant find any issues with bone offsets that i can see, so maybe a Physics Asset issues?

Just seeing if you know already

Thanks again mate, love your work

Comment

i haven't really touch the LandBuggy for a while see-ing as it's on my other computor but you can try changing the "COMOffset=(x=-40.0,y=0.0,z=-36.0)" which is the CenterOfMass

you can also play about with the Suspension values, when you think about it vehicles have different values any way. I learned that nearly 30 years ago as an apprentice

Comment

lol good stuff,

I think that has fixed it, Seems to be right now. Thanks for your help, always good to know there's someone out there to help.

Comment

can landbuggy works in udk august version and the 11th version?

can landbuggy works in udk august version and the 11th version?

Comment

Hi, would you mind doing one for import animation (PSA) and loading it on to a mesh. I tired it and it doesn't seem to work at all.

Comment

Moving on from talking

Thanks for the previous help.

New help required.

I am using 3DS Max 8 and still getting used to it. I have imported the mesh and rebuilt the wheels. i have separated the naming of the mesh to train_body, train_bogey1, train_bogey2 and train_wheel.

Now i am not interested in skinning the vehicle, i just want to get it into the ued and let it skin it with the default. I am more interested with getting it on the tracks to see if it will a, move. b, stay on the rails. c, stay on the rails negotiating bends.

I believe i need to bone the vehicle. I`ve looked at most of the tutorials but they all start with the vehicle boned. Can you point me to any tutorials that involve boning a mesh, any pivoting that may be required and how to setup the hierarchy.

One final thing, how do you re-orient the mesh for UT3 ? this last week my head has been stuck up my ar*e and i just cannot seem to be able to find this stupid info.

Comment

@hwoarang the landbuggy code+content works fine in the October release, i haven't had time to check in the November release but should work fine !!!, don't forget you must compile the code before it will work.

@Shinamori do you mean anims for a vehicle, if yes then soon-ish but may take a week or so

@Corn_Hulio this weapon video goes through the whole thing http://www.fileplanet.com/208374/200...-3ds-Max-Movie just adapt it to your vehicle, in the end vehicles/weapons/characters are skelatalmeshes

Comment

Thank you for the pointer and the tutorial, it worked a treat. There are a couple of items i need help with,

I still have not figured out how to reset the world axis in 3DS max 8 so it reads X forward.

When adding bones to the train, the bogeys will rotate left/right and the wheels are attached to the bogey, i have boned Train_Base -> Train_Anim -> Train_Bogey_F & Train_Bogey_R, the wheel bones are linked to each bogey.
                          Do i need an anim bone ?
                          If so is it just the bogey that needs animation or/and the wheels ?
                          If bogey and wheels need anim where do i place the bone or bones ?

Have you any suggestions on Unrealscript, as i have adjusted the hellbender script to use the mesh and bones for the Train but am coming across LOTS of errors which dont make any sense. i.e. the content script references RRwheel but an error is created for RRwheel ?

Any help would be appreciated especially with the script.

Thank you once again.

Comment

any chance you can send me the content to check, just upload it some where and pm me the link, or a screen shot showing the train+rig set up so i don't advise you wrongly

can you post the launch.log errors for me

haven't used max 8 for a few years but i might still have the trial somewhere

Comment

Hey Geodav. I followed all of your Hovercraft videos (thanks so much for making them!) and have been trying to get my vehicle into UDK. So far I have a vehicle based off of the Scorpion and I can drive it around but I can't get it to stop shaking while idle. The brake light also keep flickering on and off.

Also, do you have any experience on getting multi-textured vehicles into UDK? My model uses two different textures... I assigned material ids and the skeletalmesh, physics asset and anim tree all render the vehicle correctly, but one of the material instance constants does not. I'm hoping to avoid re-unwrapping the model to only use one texture.

Comment

for the jitter when idling make sure you have a physicsmaterial applied to the physicassest http://sites.google.com/site/ut40kmo.../ut3-cv-part-2 5th picture, we had this problem earlier this year which i hoped was fixed !!!!

ok for more than one material try this in your code
                                Code:
                                var MaterialInterface TurretTeamMaterials[2];

simulated function TeamChanged()
                                {
                                	Mesh.SetMaterial(1, TurretTeamMaterials[Team==1?1:0]);
                                	super.TeamChanged();
                                }

defaultproperties
                                {
                                	TeamMaterials[0]=  RED
                                	TeamMaterials[1]=  BLUE

TurretTeamMaterials[0]= RED
                                        TurretTeamMaterials[0]= BLUE

}
                                this should add an extra material slot which should work on team change as well, just adapt it for your use, i don't advise using large textures for this though

Comment

Working...
                                X