This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ok, now I changed the WorldInfo properties of my map, so that I set the Default Game Type to my Game Type. I added my Game Type to the supported Game Types, and finally I changed the Game Type for PIE to mine.
    Than I modified the DefaultGame.ini, but that was a bit confusing, becaus I did not know with what I have to replace UDKBase.SimpleGame and UDKBase.SimplePC with. So the only thing that I changed was defaultgametype. Did I forgot something? Basically I think theire will be something, because it doesnt worked at all. Hopefully you can help me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok check your levels gametypes and make sure they are set to your game.

in the defaultgame.ini change the below settings to your game

Code:
    [Engine.GameInfo]
    DefaultGame=UDKBase.SimpleGame
    DefaultServerGame=UDKBase.SimpleGame
    PlayerControllerClassName=UDKBase.SimplePC
    GameDifficulty=+1.0
    MaxPlayers=32
    DefaultGameType="UTGame.UTDeathmatch";
    +DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="DM",bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType="UTGame.UTDeathmatch")
    +DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="CTF",bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType="UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content")
    +DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="VCTF",bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType="UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Content")
    it always helps to do a simple game first to make sure you learn the full process and to iron out where you get stuck

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You said that I should ask here, if I'm still having problems, so here I am .
    basically, after cooking, it now starts my map directly, without ut menu, BUT it's still the **** Deathmatch mode, and not my custom gametype, what can I do?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I see what you mean now, thank you.
    yes the videos were a win, some of the best I've seen.

I'll checkout yours also. Thanks for all your hard work making them! I know it's a lot of work!
    Best of luck to your projects as well, thank you geodav!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thank you Path-to-Star, i don't dispute the quality of payed for tutorials just the fact the autors don't support what they do, i just hope you don't have any problems with yours. I mentioned this due to the amount of people who have payed and get stuck when things change with-in UDK.

wish you luck with your project

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by geodav View Post
    @path-to-star whats the point of your post, this thread is to support the FREE udk video tutorials that i have posted on youtube..
    I'm sorry geoday, I was only going off the titled of this post which only says: [Tutorial] UDK/UT3 Video Tutorials List
    I didn't realize it was just your videos, I wouldn't' have posted it. I just assumed you were starting this thread with some useful content of your own.
    Maybe the word free in the title could help.

as a note you'll find that most payed for tutorials don't even get any post sale online support
    Very true, I know there's a lot of junk out there. If their done right they shouldn't need much support.
    I rarely ever buy tutorial videos, but sometimes you just can't get the level of quality you can from a professional like Waylon Brinck.

My apologies sir - Post removed
    Keep up the good work with your videos!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @path-to-star whats the point of your post, this thread is to support the FREE udk video tutorials that i have posted on youtube. I'm quite sure those who want to pay money will find the said persons content, so would you please remove your post.

as a note you'll find that most payed for tutorials don't even get any post sale online support

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice i'll have to remember that one, just to many hotkeys for my poor old head
    Don't feel bad GeoDav! I have the same problem with Blender. That's why I have a little notebook for UDK development next to the keyboard. I've learned to write things down that I figure I will probably forget in the future. It's saved my butt more than a few times....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice i'll have to remember that one, just to many hotkeys for my poor old head

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok that looks like its flipped the face normals, this happens a lot with all 3d programs

this site has a nice list of tutorials for blender http://odedge.com/blender-tutorials/
    Your right GeoDav! That's what the problem was with the model. So all I did was select all the vertexes and then did Cntrl-n to recompute the normals to be outside. Pretty slick!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bpo_Figure_Rev2_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	3249158

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok that looks like its flipped the face normals, this happens a lot with all 3d programs

this site has a nice list of tutorials for blender http://odedge.com/blender-tutorials/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Btw, here's a couple of pictures of the model. First picture is from Blender, second one from UDK.

Name:	Bpo_Figure_01.jpg
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	3249152

Name:	Bpo_Figure_02.jpg
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	3249153

Leave a comment:

• replied
    as we say "it's the nut behind the steering wheel thats causing the problem"

an old mechanic's joke

hope to have a bit more time later in the week to see if we can solve the problem

That reminds me of a phrase that I heard many years ago when I used to do computer consulting for the National Park Service.

"Just when you make your software foolproof, along comes a better fool"

Sort of says it all. And yes I did try to export the model using Blender 2.64 but the results are the same. One thing I did do is use the mirror modifier on the body of the vehicle which is where most of the faces got distorted in the translation process to UDK. Are there any good sites that show how to fix common 3d modeling problems? Perhaps it's something simple that I just don't know how to fix yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    as we say "it's the nut behind the steering wheel thats causing the problem"

an old mechanic's joke

hope to have a bit more time later in the week to see if we can solve the problem

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Blender 2.64 has been released.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X