Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok afaik you can use the code but not the content, which means you need to create your own meshes / textures / weapon effects / sound effects etc....
    but thats only if your doing a commercail game, if your doing a free game (like me) then i think it's ok to use the UDK content

Comment

just added the Basic Weapon run through, had problems with the sound recording, if you have problems with it please let me know here on this thread

Cheers Geo

Comment

Hello, oh that's nice!!! I woke up this morning with this new candy, very nice addition and update to your previous helpful tutorials
        THX a lot again for your dedication to this community, we really appreciate it here :-)

Comment

Originally posted by geodav View Post
          @frozenfire2, a bit off subject but the sound problems are mainly with my laptop using Win7 and not having the correct drivers for it as for the commpression i use virtualdub to compress after recording to mp3/lame but it doesn't seem to do much any help/tips would be great

please post in my support thread http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=706668
          sorry for the off-topic, I didn't know you have a support thread for your tutorials.
          anyway , I can't confirm but I'm pretty sure your audio's uncompressed because i compressed it with LAME too and it managed to cut down about 30MB ( out of 91MB if I'm not mistaken ). As for the sound, having no drivers is something you can't do anything about. But I did some noise removal and other functions to clarify the audio.

here's the fixed version I have
          01_udk_characters_meshes_FIXED.avi
          I didn't touch the video at all. took out the audio, fix it, and streamed it back.
          It's not perfect, but it clarified the audio a lot. Let me know if you find the changes significant. If you want, I'll correct all the audio only for you and send it back audio only.
          But if you're too lazy to re-upload it's okay. I know it can be quite troublesome sometimes.

Comment

just listening to it right now, it does seems a lot clearer even with my cheap mic

thanks for the offer, lets see if i can update the file on the upload before we do any others

cheers Geo

Comment

added the "Setting the default weapon via our gametype" video

Comment

also the using udk content is not a problem anymore as long as you dont use skeletal meshes

Comment

hey geodav
                  a friend of mine is currently setting up a tutorial homepage for UDK tuts...may we could use your tuts? of course we'll name you and link to the tutorials' website...
                  see more here: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=721760

Comment

Hi HavocInferno, please just use a link to my website, i don't earn much from the adverts but every little bit help

Comment

ok thanks man

Comment

i have a problem with udk weapons tutorials :

can you upload them somwhere else that fileplanet cause that is filtered in my region.
                        mega upload and rapidshare maybe?

and also i have looked up your tutorials on importing weapons in UT3 editor cause they said it wont be any different than UDK but it is and i dont get muc of it.

i.e. :
                        1- what is the program with the blue background to edit the scripts and where can i find it?
                        2-which .uc file have you opened and are editing?
                        3-some of the lines differ in the script i open (the weap_sockrifle ) and so i cant follow some of the parameter changes and edits that you said.
                        4-after i am done with the editing , i copy the scripts to folder :\Development\Src\UTGame\Classes is this right?
                        5-i dont get any script compiling thingy when i open UDK.
                        6-obviously nothing works.

thanks in advance.

Comment

1. its called conText use google to find it; you'll need the unrealscript highlighter aswell
                          2.the files are UTAttachment_ShockRifle.uc and UTWeap_ShockRifle.uc these are now found in the Src\UTGameContent\Classes folder
                          3. the code files have chaged/updated since i wrote the tutorial but the main lines are still there
                          4. "NO" you need to create your own project folder set eg:-\Development\Src\UT40k\Classes
                          5. you need to edit the DefaultEngine.ini and add you package name eg:-
                          Code:
                          [UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
                          +EditPackages=UTGame
                          +EditPackages=UTGameContent
                          +EditPackages=UT40k
                          6. make a simple change to your code file and save (add a blank line), then re_start your game or editor and it should ask to compile your scripts

sorry but i won#t upload to those filesharers as i've had problems with them before, you may still find my UT3 tutorials at www.filefront.com user geodav these show the principles which are the same why to get the content in game

Comment

thanks .very clearly.now i understand.i will try these out and report the results.

Comment

ok no luck.i get nothing.but remember that i edited the scripts using notepad.does that make a differance?

Comment

i get nothing
                                meaning it doesn't ask to compile !!!!!!
                                make sure you remove the write protect from the DefaultEngine.ini file before you edit it
                                delete the UDKEngine.ini file then re start

using notepad "should" be ok not sure but make sure it saves the files as .uc and in the unicode format

Comment

Working...
                                X