• Show
Clear All

• replied
    ok try this
    import the fbx mesh into udk
    apply materials
    create the collision mesh
    now save the package

then try drag and drop, or select the mesh in the content browser and right click in the map choose place actor (static mesh) here

Leave a comment:

• replied
    can anyone explain why I am unable to drag and drop .fbx static meshes into my scene...???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yep as its all utgame code based, the same as all the ut_Vehicles

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for sharing, I'm taking a look at your tank code now. As is will it support the AI to driver the tank?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    no blender can take a long time to export via the psk/psa so give it a while, if you have a large mesh eg 20k+ triangles it can take up to 20 mins depending on your system.

as much i hate to say this but the fbx export is a lot faster once you change the exporter script to remove the extra bone it adds.
    but fbx is the way forward

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks. But I have this thing now, when I hit export to psk/psa and I select where I want it to export the car Blender just freezes, It just stays there... nothing happens.
    What am I doing from? Do I have to do somesort of animation or is it that the exporter takes insanely long times to export the model?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Rhino, when you parent the the mesh to the armature it will ask you if you want to create vertex groups click on yes for the empty vertex groups, this creates a group name for each bone in your armature this is require for in game usage, once they are created you can set the vertex weights for each group, remember the groups don't need to have vertices assigned to them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi there man, I've watched your tutorials for Blender and they helped a lot, but I have this thing in my mind about the Vertex Groups, I'm somewhat new to that aspect of Blender, and well, could you explain a bit how to correctly create them for a Wheeled Vehicle. I already have the Armature and everything. Sorry for the dumb question, haha.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks 1 billion
    I'm gonna watch it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok watch this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxxv2...4921C1612BB66D

at ca 7.30 i start on perpolycollisions for the mesh bones, afaik this tell the engine to use perpoly also make sure the in your wheel code you have the radius correct and the suspension travel eg

Code:
    Begin Object Class=UDKVehicleWheel Name=RMWheel
    		BoneName="RightWheel_04"
    		BoneOffset=(X=0.0,Y=0,Z=0.0)
    		WheelRadius=26
    		SuspensionTravel=20
    		SteerFactor=0.0
    		LongSlipFactor=250.0
    		LatSlipFactor=20000.0
    		HandbrakeLongSlipFactor=250.0
    		HandbrakeLatSlipFactor=1000.0
    		SkelControlName="RightWheel_04_Cont"
    		Side=SIDE_Right
    	End Object
    	Wheels(1)=RMWheel

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi all friends,
    I was searching about Godav's tank, I found one thing
    all of the wheels have same "maximum wheel displacement" and and "wheel radius".
    but the wheel "Tank_LWheel_02" has less " wheel displacement" while the wheel goes over a pointing shape.
    I want to know the reason. does anyone have any idea?
    I ask this,cause my vehicle wheels do not displace at all

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok i checked your post not much more i can add without see-ing exactly whats happening, maybe a short video to show and a few pics of the mesh/rig and a look at the code, if you don't want to show it publically then upload it some where and pm me a link so that i can check it out

ps i only have the front and back wheels to steer so check that the other in-between wheels don't steer

pps. sorry about the joke with the crystal ball, i sometime forget that not everyone has the same background / upbringing as me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well I checked the firs two of your suggestion and they were right and correctly written in code bode I can't understand your 3th suggestion.
    what's crystal ball ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh, thanks, Im surprised about this kind of crossbrowser error.

Thanks for your time!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sent you a pm with another link
    looks like the problem is likely chrome browser, i use firefox which worked fine

Leave a comment:

Working...
X