X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i have a problem with udk weapons tutorials :

can you upload them somwhere else that fileplanet cause that is filtered in my region.
    mega upload and rapidshare maybe?

and also i have looked up your tutorials on importing weapons in UT3 editor cause they said it wont be any different than UDK but it is and i dont get muc of it.

i.e. :
    1- what is the program with the blue background to edit the scripts and where can i find it?
    2-which .uc file have you opened and are editing?
    3-some of the lines differ in the script i open (the weap_sockrifle ) and so i cant follow some of the parameter changes and edits that you said.
    4-after i am done with the editing , i copy the scripts to folder :\Development\Src\UTGame\Classes is this right?
    5-i dont get any script compiling thingy when i open UDK.
    6-obviously nothing works.

thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok thanks man

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi HavocInferno, please just use a link to my website, i don't earn much from the adverts but every little bit help

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey geodav
    a friend of mine is currently setting up a tutorial homepage for UDK tuts...may we could use your tuts? of course we'll name you and link to the tutorials' website...
    see more here: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=721760

Leave a comment:

• replied
    also the using udk content is not a problem anymore as long as you dont use skeletal meshes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    added the "Setting the default weapon via our gametype" video

Leave a comment:

• replied
    just listening to it right now, it does seems a lot clearer even with my cheap mic

thanks for the offer, lets see if i can update the file on the upload before we do any others

cheers Geo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by geodav View Post
    @frozenfire2, a bit off subject but the sound problems are mainly with my laptop using Win7 and not having the correct drivers for it as for the commpression i use virtualdub to compress after recording to mp3/lame but it doesn't seem to do much any help/tips would be great

please post in my support thread http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=706668
    sorry for the off-topic, I didn't know you have a support thread for your tutorials.
    anyway , I can't confirm but I'm pretty sure your audio's uncompressed because i compressed it with LAME too and it managed to cut down about 30MB ( out of 91MB if I'm not mistaken ). As for the sound, having no drivers is something you can't do anything about. But I did some noise removal and other functions to clarify the audio.

here's the fixed version I have
    01_udk_characters_meshes_FIXED.avi
    I didn't touch the video at all. took out the audio, fix it, and streamed it back.
    It's not perfect, but it clarified the audio a lot. Let me know if you find the changes significant. If you want, I'll correct all the audio only for you and send it back audio only.
    But if you're too lazy to re-upload it's okay. I know it can be quite troublesome sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, oh that's nice!!! I woke up this morning with this new candy, very nice addition and update to your previous helpful tutorials
    THX a lot again for your dedication to this community, we really appreciate it here :-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    just added the Basic Weapon run through, had problems with the sound recording, if you have problems with it please let me know here on this thread

Cheers Geo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok afaik you can use the code but not the content, which means you need to create your own meshes / textures / weapon effects / sound effects etc....
    but thats only if your doing a commercail game, if your doing a free game (like me) then i think it's ok to use the UDK content

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello there, something i don't get about so many people recommending the shockrifle as first class to go with is that it is part of utcontent ? I've read on the forum here you can't package it in final stage !? Is there a workaround ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx a bunch for your quick reply geodav, my question was mostly about the bones you set up in the first weapon tutorial, just wanted to know if it is still the correct way.
    Again thx for your friendly support, both here and on videos

Leave a comment:

• replied
    from my expereance so far most of my UT3 tutorials still hold with UDK, i'm holding back a little with a few UDK subject because Epic are moving the code base around which would cause me to redo any videos with coding in it.

might try doing some updated stuff for UDK in the next few weeks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello all, and thx a bunch for the outstanding materials you're uploading. I'm a noob in UDK, i'm trying to get into the iron sight aiming class weapon, i followed your old utIII weapon tutorials, i don't really realize how much is useable into the UDK, will you have a new complete wakthrough or do you think the info in there is enough to manage a bridge between the two.
    Again very nice tutorials, the pace end the rythm are very enjoyable and sometimes very funny!

THX

Leave a comment:

Working...
X