• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i doubt it as most of the 3p anims are dealt via the pawns animtree

Comment

Originally posted by geodav View Post
      i doubt it as most of the 3p anims are dealt via the pawns animtree
      ah ha! makes sense. But how, hmmm back into the gravy boat for another splash :s

Thanks again GeoDav

Comment

What is the unrealscript code to control the treads' panner of the tank tutorial, please ? The link to download the sources is broken...

Comment

just checked the link it still works

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21954...p_LandTank.rar

Comment

This link, yes, but after I click on download now I get a file not found message error.

Comment

i've just downloaded it no problem, might be a setting in your browser no idea why its not working for you

maybe this page might help http://www.gamefront.com/file-hosting-faq/

could be a problem with where you live but there also a link to get help

Comment

Ok, thanks for your reply. I even tried with others browsers and a VPN and it still doesn't work for me, that's strange...
                So I asked to a friend to download it and send to me

EDIT : I finally have the code. It's very helpful!

Comment

great to hear you've solved the problem, if you get stuck just give me a shout here and i'll help where i can

Comment

Landwalker link broken

Hi Geodav,

May I ask you to put that link (or its content) UP again ? (http://www.gamefront.com/files/22336351/LandWalker_rar)

I would like to complete your LandWalker tutorial and I would like to start with the model used for the tutorial.

I also have some questions (hope it will not be too timeconsuming):

- My project is to port a HL2 Strider model into UT3 (as a pilotable vehicle). What do you think about that ? Do you think it is a reasonable/faisable project ?

I already have imported the model, textures, bones, animations, etc... into 3DSMAX and then into the UT3 engine. I also tried with Blender, which I love, but it was some time ago and export/import scripts where not so effective. (there is a big chance that I was the main problem and maybe not Blender or its scripts )
                    I also got the Strider animated... but as a kind of animated staticmesh with a loop walking animation
                    My last result was: strider imported and spawned as a vehicle into a test map. But lot of "orientation" problems... (strider's legs under the ground, or upside down...). I guess I need to complete your walker tutorial first

May I ask your help if I get stuck with some problems ? I certainly will create a new topic for that project.

Finaly, I want you to know that I'm impressed by your UDK skills as I am for your "pedagogical skills".
                    Thanks a lot for helping people creating things.
                    PS: sorry for my "so French English"

Best regards
                    Tux-59

Comment

Hi Tux sorry for the late reply must have missed your post some how. sorry again it seems gamefront is clearing everything out so i've emptied my dropbox and add the rar file which has all the content but not the videos
                      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34288586/LandWalker.rar
                      it takes a lot of tweaking to get the legs/feet right just make sure the bones are lined up as i show in my video's, if you get stuck just give me a shout here and i'll see how i can help

Comment

Hi Geodav,
                        Thanks a lot for the link.
                        I will keep you up to date until I complete the tutorial.
                        Does the version of 3DSMAX have some importance ? (ie: ActorX compatibility...)
                        Would it be much more complicated if I try to work with Blender ?

Regards
                        Tux-59

Comment

if you need actorx for newer versions of max then try here http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php?topic=1221.0

not tried anything like that in blender, solong as the body and feet bones are aligned correctly then it should work, remember to use the udk tools to export from blender as the fbx export for skeletalmeshes doesn't work right

Comment

Hi Geodav,
                            I'm slowy making my way

My strider has spawned from its factory which I have compiled into UDK (by using udk.com make).
                            The problem I'm facing is that the vehicle is lying on its back. (yes he is right, time to go to bed ...). I think that certainly is a rotation problem in the Factory isn't it ? My Skeletal Mesh is aligned front along the X axis and the Y axis is along its right side.
                            But the orientation of the main body bone (root bone), is different: Z axis to the front and X axis to the left side.

Will I have to re-orientate the bones into Max ? Is there a way to do that into UDK ?

Thanks you by advance.
                            Have a good night.
                            Tux

Comment

hi tux, you have to check the orientation of the bones pivot points, even if the geometer looks right you still need to check.
                              the error your getting is a bone problem, happens all the time because people don't check it

Comment

Hi Geodav,
                                Thanks for the reply. how can I verrify the bones pivot point ?

I have checked into the AnimSet and the root bone orientaiton is orientated like this: Z = front; X = left side; Y = down. I guess it is not good because UT3 is orentated lthix way: X = front; Z = UP. Is it what you want me to check ?

It would be realy complicated for me to change bones orientation into 3DSMAX. I'm not a max pro.
                                do you know how to do that. I guess only the root bone has to be orientated, isn't it ?
                                If I knew hot to: unlink the root bone and the mesh + rotate the root bone / re-link the root bone and the mesh; into 3DSMAX, maybe it would work.

Regards
                                Tux

Comment

Working...
                                X