This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    sorry amir but i would expect most hosts are not avalable in Iran, i doubt youtube would help either.

you could try my old host http://www.filefront.com/user/geodav but that only hold my UT3 videos

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hello...
    geodav , please Uplod this files at the other site....

http://sites.google.com/site/ut40kmo.../udk-tutorials

The links dosent work in iran!
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok your using my content so the files should go into the folder
    UDK\UDK-2010-12\Development\Src\DavCorp\Classes

you also need to and the line
    ModEditPackages=DavCorp

to your UDKEngine.ini at the bottom of the [UnrealEd.EditorEngine] after the line EditPackages=UTGameContent

save the ini file then re-compile after that you should be able to play the tank

Leave a comment:

• replied
    where should i place these 4(i think) scripts.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i saw this line in the log.
    [0071.13] Warning: Failed to load 'Class DavCorp.UTVehicle_LandTank_Content': Failed to find object 'Class DavCorp.UTVehicle_LandTank_Content'

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok
    1st are you using my landtank content, if yes then you may have to re-compile the code and fix the folder set. check the launch.log for errors/warnings
    2nd if you using your own tank, save the map and then play it via a normal game, then check the launch.log for errors/warnings

you can find the launch.log in the UDK\UDK-2010-12\UDKGame\Logs folder

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry but it still doesn't work. I have rebuilded the map and saved and placed the vehicle factory from the actors. Is there something i have missed in your tutorial about making it visible example in the properties.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    re-build the map and save before playing, make sure you place the vehiclefactory class and not the mesh

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When i place the tank vehicle in the udk editor, then when i start my level there is no tank.
    Like it is invisible.

Please help!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    adjust you wheel radius size to get it down on the ground, the tilt could be your CenterOfMass (COM) eg where your base bone is, you can adjust this in the vehicle code default properties eg
    Code:
    COMOffset=(x=0.0,y=0.0,z=25.0)
    just change the values to suit

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks! Applying the non-driving physical material to the physics asset stopped the jittering. I decided to go ahead and reskin the model so it's all on one texture. I have it working with the proper textures now but my workaround doesn't have working brake lights.

Now I want the vehicle to not be hovering 4 inches above the ground all the time. I think it has to do with the fact that I'm using Scorpion wheels and I need to use new ones with a custom radius.

Any idea in what could be causing the back wheels to be so close to the body? The whole thing is tilted up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    for the jitter when idling make sure you have a physicsmaterial applied to the physicassest http://sites.google.com/site/ut40kmo.../ut3-cv-part-2 5th picture, we had this problem earlier this year which i hoped was fixed !!!!

ok for more than one material try this in your code
    Code:
    var MaterialInterface TurretTeamMaterials[2];

simulated function TeamChanged()
    {
    	Mesh.SetMaterial(1, TurretTeamMaterials[Team==1?1:0]);
    	super.TeamChanged();
    }

defaultproperties
    {
    	TeamMaterials[0]=  RED
    	TeamMaterials[1]=  BLUE

TurretTeamMaterials[0]= RED
            TurretTeamMaterials[0]= BLUE

}
    this should add an extra material slot which should work on team change as well, just adapt it for your use, i don't advise using large textures for this though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Geodav. I followed all of your Hovercraft videos (thanks so much for making them!) and have been trying to get my vehicle into UDK. So far I have a vehicle based off of the Scorpion and I can drive it around but I can't get it to stop shaking while idle. The brake light also keep flickering on and off.

Also, do you have any experience on getting multi-textured vehicles into UDK? My model uses two different textures... I assigned material ids and the skeletalmesh, physics asset and anim tree all render the vehicle correctly, but one of the material instance constants does not. I'm hoping to avoid re-unwrapping the model to only use one texture.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    any chance you can send me the content to check, just upload it some where and pm me the link, or a screen shot showing the train+rig set up so i don't advise you wrongly

can you post the launch.log errors for me

haven't used max 8 for a few years but i might still have the trial somewhere

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for the pointer and the tutorial, it worked a treat. There are a couple of items i need help with,

I still have not figured out how to reset the world axis in 3DS max 8 so it reads X forward.

When adding bones to the train, the bogeys will rotate left/right and the wheels are attached to the bogey, i have boned Train_Base -> Train_Anim -> Train_Bogey_F & Train_Bogey_R, the wheel bones are linked to each bogey.
    Do i need an anim bone ?
    If so is it just the bogey that needs animation or/and the wheels ?
    If bogey and wheels need anim where do i place the bone or bones ?

Have you any suggestions on Unrealscript, as i have adjusted the hellbender script to use the mesh and bones for the Train but am coming across LOTS of errors which dont make any sense. i.e. the content script references RRwheel but an error is created for RRwheel ?

Any help would be appreciated especially with the script.

Thank you once again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X