Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh you mean the section under the ini version line, you don't need to copy that over as thats the entry the game makes everytime its run, afaik it's the block thats stores the last game config but don't quote me on that. as you saw the game still work even without it.

ps glad your learning German

Comment

OK, that makes sense.

Inspired by your vehicle tut I started modeling a vehicle, but I think I'm a bit ambitious with that because it steers like a wheeled loader with a swiveling joint in the center. Any ideas how to go about that? Since I'm still in the modeling stage I haven't looked into the scripts yet, but I hope I will find something of use when I start looking.

ps I've learned it for 41 years so far.

Comment

You`r the man, Geodav. Thanx a lot!

Comment

@DaemonXR sure that what i'm here for

@reropme i think you could do it like the goliath tank (UT3) the wheels don't steer but how to get the front and back to twist no idea
          ps I've learned it for 41 years so far.
          thats a good one
          so far 26 from 44 years

ps:- Guys if you need something shown then give me a shout and i'll see what i can do

Comment

I get a fileplanet error when trying to download the wheeled vehicle. I'm super interested in this video so can you check on that and see what's up? It might be on their end.

Just a funny observation, but this wasn't around 44 years ago, or even 26.

EDIT: NM, I just had to log in. Kind of a misleading error message.

Comment

Hitpawz: We were talking about for how long we've been learning German

Me 41 years, geodav 26 of 44

Comment

Originally posted by geodav View Post
                ps:- Guys if you need something shown then give me a shout and i'll see what i can do
                Is there any chance you will be going over flying vehicles? That would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

yeh sure i've got one in my game atm, i'll do a quick run through like the wheeled vehicle, but before that i want to do a quick character one, hopefully have them done for the weekend

Comment

Characters

add these to my list you find them helpful
                    Characters
                    Setting up a character mesh in UDK
                    How to set your characters as Bots
                    How to set your character as your Player

Comment

Thank you

Thank you very much for all the videos you made, it really helped me!!

Comment

Superb. I'm developing my own game (see signature) and this is an enormous help to me. It is practically a list of all the things I'm unsure about with solutions included.

Thankyou!

Comment

Hello all, and thx a bunch for the outstanding materials you're uploading. I'm a noob in UDK, i'm trying to get into the iron sight aiming class weapon, i followed your old utIII weapon tutorials, i don't really realize how much is useable into the UDK, will you have a new complete wakthrough or do you think the info in there is enough to manage a bridge between the two.
                          Again very nice tutorials, the pace end the rythm are very enjoyable and sometimes very funny!

THX

Comment

from my expereance so far most of my UT3 tutorials still hold with UDK, i'm holding back a little with a few UDK subject because Epic are moving the code base around which would cause me to redo any videos with coding in it.

might try doing some updated stuff for UDK in the next few weeks

Comment

Thx a bunch for your quick reply geodav, my question was mostly about the bones you set up in the first weapon tutorial, just wanted to know if it is still the correct way.
                              Again thx for your friendly support, both here and on videos

Comment

Hello there, something i don't get about so many people recommending the shockrifle as first class to go with is that it is part of utcontent ? I've read on the forum here you can't package it in final stage !? Is there a workaround ?

Comment

Working...
                                X