Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UDK/UT3 Video Tutorials List and Support Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hard to say why the model doesn't show but i'd take a guess at the warnings for the materials, if it can't find the materials then the model will be invisable.
    double check for typo's in the factory class

sort out the warnings and every thing should be fine, i hope

ps. i check this thread every day

Comment

Thanks Geo! I'll try that and let you know if it fixes the issue. I moved on to designing a main menu while I was waiting to hear back from you so I'm going to finish that first. You don't know anything about scaleform menus do you?

Comment

i bodged mine together 6 months ago, so i doubt i'd be much help with the menu

Comment

Right. I actually figured out the menu stuff so no worries there. So here's a question, is the damage mask required if I'm not using morph targets? Or is it just how the burned out texture is applied to your vehicle?

Comment

afaik the damage mask is required for the BurnOut material, it allows damage to be shown over time

Comment

Ok, this one actually made me laugh out loud! I load up the December build and place a LandWalker vehicle factory in the map and sure enough my walker spawns. Yay! I right click on the ground and choose Play from here...

Boourns!

Turns out I missed a line in the vehicle factory - VehicleClassPath="UTGameContent.UTVehicle_Manta_Co ntent"

Though after fixing this issue, I tried to play from here and UDK crashed

I did notice however that when I did a full compile of the map, it shifted my walker down so its feet are stuck in the ground which you mentioned happened to you as well. Problem is, adjusting the max foot placement value in the anim tree hasn't helped any. I moved it from 50 to 90 and even 256 and its still in the same spot. Also since its almost exactly 32 units below the ground, I tried adjusting the Foot offset for each foot to 32 but that didn't fix it either. Am I missing something?

Comment

ok as always check the launch.log for errors just in case, in your map/editor make sure the snap value isn't set to high this might be causeing the factory to jump down, you can also try playing with the collision cylinder setting in the factory class depending where your root bone is.

Comment

Ok, so adjusting the translation values in the vehicle factory class definitely fixed the issue where he's spawning in the ground..

Code:
                  Begin Object Name=SVehicleMesh
                  		SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'BattleDronesData.SkeletalMeshes.Drones.SK_VH_Strider'
                  		Translation=(X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=-38.0)
                  I changed the Z value from 70 to 38 (subtracted 32 units) and he's back on the ground again. Sadly the game still crashes instantly when I try to play. Do you think having a different directory structure in my package (and my package itself is in UDKGame\Content\Packages instead if just the content directory) would cause the game to crash? You'd think there'd be more flexibility there since I updated the file structure in the uc files to match my structure.

Comment

that folder structure should work, but i find what i use a little easier eg

E:\UDK\UDK-2011-12\UDKGame\Content\UT40k\Content\Characters
                    E:\UDK\UDK-2011-12\UDKGame\Content\UT40k\Content\Environments
                    E:\UDK\UDK-2011-12\UDKGame\Content\UT40k\Content\Maps

what does the launch.log look like

Comment

Edit:
                      DepthPriorityGroup=SDPG_World at the object of the skeletal mesh solved it.

So, I made a custom weapon with a 3rd person view that I implemented.

The problem is the weapon mesh cant be occluded when its at the pawn´s hands.

Probaly its because the game thinks im using a 1st person camera and dont want anything occluding the weapon.

How do I change it?

Also, the weapon mesh that appears is always the 1st person mesh, how do I make the weapon attachment show up?

The weapon attachment code
                      Code:
                      class MySwordAttachment extends UTWeaponAttachment;

DefaultProperties
                      {
                      	Begin Object Name=SkeletalMeshComponent0
                      		SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'MyWeapons.MySword'
                      		bUseAsOccluder=false
                      	end object

WeaponClass=class'MySword'
                      	MuzzleFlashSocket=MF
                      }
                      The weapon code
                      Code:
                      class MySword extends UTWeapon;

simulated function TimeWeaponEquipping()
                      {
                          AttachWeaponTo( Instigator.Mesh,'WeaponPoint' );
                          super.TimeWeaponEquipping();
                      }

simulated function AttachWeaponTo( SkeletalMeshComponent MeshCpnt, optional Name SocketName )
                      {
                          MeshCpnt.AttachComponentToSocket(Mesh,SocketName);
                      }

DefaultProperties
                      {
                      	Begin Object Class=AnimNodeSequence Name=MeshSequenceA

End Object

Begin Object name=FirstPersonMesh
                      		AnimSets(0)=AnimSet'MyWeapons.Mesh_006'
                      		Animations=MeshSequenceA
                      		Translation=(x=0,y=4,z=8)

Rotation=(Pitch=5276,Yaw=-8276.0,Roll=3276)
                      	End Object

AttachmentClass=class'MySwordAttachment'

begin object name=PickupMesh
                      		Scale =2.0
                      	end object

WeaponFireTypes(0)=EWFT_InstantHit
                      	WeaponFireTypes(1)=EWFT_None

InstantHitDamage(0)=50

ShotCost(0)=0

AmmoCount=1
                      	MaxAmmoCount=1

WeaponFireAnim(0)=sword

MuzzleFlashSocket=MF
                      }

PSk, completely rewrote the code from what someone else posted and it worked, but I still would like to know wtf was going on with that property, it may be useful for future reference on something else.

Comment

well it looks like your using the same mesh in the code for you attachment as for you weapon class, i know i do that in my videos but you should make a different mesh for the 3rd person.
                        as for the camera problem i've never noticed it because i just use the command behindview

Comment

yeah, I got some issues with the attachment, I just let the game thinks im on 1st person and deal with it. But nevermind, solved everything now.

Comment

Hey .I need some help.I'm searching for a way to make an animation to a vehicle.In my case,I want to make a car do a burnout,go forward and then slowly go back,then burnout again,and so on.I gues I'll be using Matinee,but can you give me a tutorial or some hints?I want the car to do that while I'm moving around,so this means an active animation with no trigger.Thank you.This is my scene ->

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

if your trying to do that whilst playing then i think your going to have to code it, i'll be very honest i wouldn't even know where to start on something like that.

but you look on this forum and find "Tegleg" he's done a lot of vehicle coding so he might be more able to help with that

Comment

Ok,thank you so much
                                Edit:Me again .Can you give me a tutorial or something for making some crowd characters?I want to make some people on the side of the road to move,take pictures and so on,to be more realistic.

Comment

Working...
                                X