This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    That's what's driving me crazy... since I'm using a somewhat modified version of your landbuggy, you don't think there is anything in there that could cause the trouble?
    And I'm supposed to use a UTAnimNode right?
    I'm going to try a make a completely new animation and see what happens then.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @MrArgh, ok what you have to remember is that the vehicle anims are called via code
    Code:
    VehicleAnims(0)=(AnimTag=Idle,AnimSeqs=(testboat_idle),AnimRate=1.0,bAnimLoopLastSeq=true,AnimPlayerName=BoatPlayer)]
    looks like you have this correct

what you might not have correct is the name of the AnimSeqs or the AnimPlayerName, i'll be honest i struggles for days till i realise i had a typo

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...t=VehicleAnims

@azl, well i don't know how to add/capture objects into your minimap but i do know how to get the texture of the map into game to use as a background for the minimap if that is any help, if that what you need then let me know and i#ll do you a video

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi!

I got referred to this thread so I'll copy the post from my own thread. Here goes:

I'm working on getting some custom vehicle animations to play (on my custom vehicle). I've copied the cicada best I could, though it still doesn't work.

In my package:
    - I've got a custom vehicle ready and working (skeletal mesh, AnimTree, materials etc.)
    - I've got a working animation (AnimSet).
    - I've assigned the AnimSet in the AnimTree using a UTAnimNodeSequence (I also tried to use a AnimSequence). In the AnimTree I can preview my animation and it looks like it should.

In my script:
    In my CustomVehicle_Content I've added my AnimSet:

Code:
    Begin Object Name=SVehicleMesh
    		SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'VH_LandBuggy.Mesh.SK_VH_LandBuggy'
    		AnimTreeTemplate=AnimTree'VH_LandBuggy.Anims.AT_VH_LandBuggy'
    		PhysicsAsset=PhysicsAsset'VH_LandBuggy.Mesh.PA_VH_LandBuggy'
    		MorphSets[0]=MorphTargetSet'VH_LandBuggy.Mesh.VH_LandBuggy_MorphTargetSet'
    		AnimSets.Add(AnimSet'VH_LandBuggy.AnimSets.animSet_Boat')				RBCollideWithChannels=(Default=TRUE,BlockingVolume=TRUE,GameplayPhysics=TRUE,EffectPhysics=TRUE,Vehicle=TRUE,Untitled4=TRUE)
    	End Object]
    Further down in my CustomVehicleContent:

Code:
    VehicleAnims(0)=(AnimTag=Idle,AnimSeqs=(testboat_idle),AnimRate=1.0,bAnimLoopLastSeq=true,AnimPlayerName=BoatPlayer)]
    So, how do I play this animation? I tried:

Code:
    PlayVehicleAnimation('testboat_idle');
    I also tried:

Code:
    PlayVehicleAnimation('Idle');]
    I'm a bit uncertain if it works like that though. Any help would be much appreciated =)

I've put the PlayVehicleAnimation function in my CustomVehicle and placed a`log command, to see if it runs the function:

Code:
    simulated function PlayVehicleAnimation(name EventTag)
    {
    	local int i;
    	local UTAnimNodeSequence Player;

if ( Mesh != none && mesh.Animations != none && VehicleAnims.Length > 0 )
    	{
    		for (i=0;i<VehicleAnims.Length;i++)
    		{
    			if (VehicleAnims[i].AnimTag == EventTag)
    			{
    				Player = UTAnimNodeSequence(Mesh.Animations.FindAnimNode(VehicleAnims[i].AnimPlayerName));
    				if ( Player != none )
    				{
    					`log("Play it now");					Player.PlayAnimationSet( VehicleAnims[i].AnimSeqs,
    												VehicleAnims[i].AnimRate,
    												VehicleAnims[i].bAnimLoopLastSeq );
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }
    The weird thing is that the animation shows up correctly in every preview window; in the animSet, in the animTree, in the PhysAsset, in the SkeletalActor... but it won't play ingame.
    I know it finds the event and runs the PlayVehicleAnimation function... but no movement at all.

Help is very much appreciated =)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dear Geodav, I've got a problem about mastering interface especially minimap. I just want my minimap can capture some objects.
    I've tried some tutorials about this problem which is not worked. I was wondering if you could help us..

Best Regards,
    Azlan Mufti
    INI3D Project Indonesia

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok lets make this simple, if you want to use the K_AnimHuman_BaseMale then you need to use the Epic supplied rig, if you want to use a custom rig then you won't be able to use that animset because the bone names will be wrong. I see you have seen SwizzleFish's tutorial which uses CAT, you'll aslo need to find the Custom Animtree tutorials

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want to do a rig that can use “K_AnimHuman_BaseMale” animationSet in the UDK.
    I am trying to do this when I am creating a same kind of joint structure, Orientation & naming structures same as UT3 character. I am using maya and max. But after importing this character when I apply the “K_AnimHuman_BaseMale” animation set it became a scramble thing.
    I have some rigging character Like: DennysAnimationRigs_Ver2_5, UT3_GeoBo`dge. I study this character. It has a same kind of joint structure and it behave pretty in any animation set in UDK. I don’t know how they create this rig.
    And another thing I don’t want to use any pre-rig character joints inside of my character mesh.
    I want to create a fresh rig that can use all this animation.
    Is there any good tutorial which can cover this entire thing or anyone who can help me to sort out this problem?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks. (: That's worked along with some moving in the Anim editor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the simple sollution is to make the "Hand" bone the root bone, afaik the game/code will take the first bone in the weapon rig as the root and place this in the players hand

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey GeoDav, I was wondering if you could help me. I've followed a few of your tutorials on custom weapons.

However, when characters hold my weapon, they hold it by the root bone, and not the one I've set as the hand. I tried swapping the socket names but they're still quite attached. No pun intended.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    check your COM setting (Center of Mass) thats what normal causes problems like that.
    turret check your launch.log for errors normal problem being typo's for the controllers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Slowly making headway with the Tiger. It's in-game now and drivable (badly!). Main issues I've got at the moment are that the turret isn't turning and, once spawned, the whole tank seems to be leaning as though some invisible block is holding up the right side a little which really screws up the handling. I'm assuming it must either be the physics asset playing up or it's something in the code.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ehsan_nekooee View Post
    Thanx geodav. It's working now.
    I have a question. I want to design a simple boat driving game.
    I know a little c++ coding but new to unrealScript. The main issue I'm struggling with is that I want to change the main character to a boat instead of the default shooter. is it hard to approach or what? If it not that simple I follow the regular vehicle approach for my boat.
    What do you suggest?

P.S: Haven't watched your vehicle tuts yet, still downloading ....
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Chara...icalGuide.html
    Start there

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ehsan_nekooee, i think so but i've never tried to do a bout so i'm not sure

@WhiteHyena, not sure with the physics asset i wold have to see a video to compare
    for the GUID error do a full re-build of your map, save and try again, (thats what google says)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok after much fighting with the code (finally zero errors or warnings!) I've got a new problem with my Tiger tank. The factory shows up (along with the model) when placed in the map, all looks fine.. the problem is that when you run the map, the vehicle isn't anywhere to be seen Not even a warning that 'You're in the way of a vehicle spawning'.

Aside that the other issue I'm a bit worried about is the physics asset- done the box for the base bone and it seems to work fine (was following GeoDav's tutorial again) but the box for the turret dosen't seem to be working right. When you run the preview only the box itself will actually have physics applied, the turret that it should be linked to just remains in place, not really sure what's happened there.

edit: Only warnings I actually get after fully loading the map are;
    Map should have KillZ set.
    Nav UTVehicleFactory_TigerTank_1 has an invalid GUID. You may need to rebuild paths.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey
    need some advice for my boat. need to simulate the boat floating in water while driving and react to sea waves. I thought It would work like the hovercraft thing + tweaking the boat physical material. I am I On the right track or what?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X