This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i usually have slipfactor between 1.0 and 3.0, so 7.5 should be really grippy.
    so it must be
    MinHardTurnSpeed=99999.0 //never hard turn

and/or
    MaxSteerAngleCurve, it makes you turn less at higher speeds

this works for me
    MaxSteerAngleCurve=(Points=((InVal=0,OutVal=25),(I nVal=600.0,OutVal=20.0),(InVal=3100.0,OutVal=16.0) ,(InVal=4400.0,OutVal=12.0),(InVal=5000.0,OutVal=9 .0)))

edit:
    just noticed i have these values too

SteeringReductionFactor=0.0
    SteeringReductionMinSpeed=9999.0
    SteeringReductionSpeed=9999.0

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The tires going up on the power up a re fixed, thank you guys

sorry I changed the latslipfactor fo both wheels on my Vehicle code and on my wheel class but doesn't have any effect on my car, The slipfactor has to be between some values to work normallly???
    here is my Vehicle code
    Code:
    Begin Object Class=RaceKartWheel Name=FLWheel
            BoneName="F_L_Tire"
            BoneOffset=(X=0.0,Y=20.0,Z=-2.0)
            SteerFactor=1.0
            LongSlipFactor=2.0
            LatSlipFactor=7.5
            HandbrakeLongSlipFactor=0.6
            HandbrakeLatSlipFactor=0.8        
            SkelControlName="FLTire"
        End Object
        Wheels(2)=FLWheel
    my wheel class

Code:
    class RaceKartWheel extends UDKVehicleWheel;

defaultproperties
    {
        WheelRadius=22
        SuspensionTravel=0
        bPoweredWheel=true
        SteerFactor=0.0
        LongSlipFactor=5.0
        LatSlipFactor=2.75
        HandbrakeLongSlipFactor=0.7
        HandbrakeLatSlipFactor=0.3
        ParkedSlipFactor=10.0
        bUseMaterialSpecificEffects=true
    }

Thanks to your help to both of you guys, If I finish soon my game swear I'm gonnna put you on the credits, Thanks Guys

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks like it has no grip for the steering problem
    LatSlipFactor in the wheel code

the way i stopped the wheels going up all spaz like that was to comment out these lines here, nothing else seemed to work
    Code:
    /**
    when called makes the wheels stick to the ground more
    */
    simulated function LockWheels()
    {
    	local SVehicleSimCar SimCar;

bSteeringLimited = true;
    	SimCar = SVehicleSimCar(SimObj);

//Wheels[0].SuspensionTravel = LockSuspensionTravel;
    	//Wheels[1].SuspensionTravel = LockSuspensionTravel;
    	//SimCar.WheelSuspensionStiffness= LockSuspensionStiffness;
    	SimCar.MaxSteerAngleCurve.Points[0].OutVal = BoostSteerFactors[0]; //10.0;
    	SimCar.MaxSteerAngleCurve.Points[1].OutVal = BoostSteerFactors[1]; //4.0;
    	SimCar.MaxSteerAngleCurve.Points[2].OutVal = BoostSteerFactors[2]; //1.2;

}

hope you dont mind geodav

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, as you asked me, I recorded in video some of my issues with my car, as you can see in the first seconds when I try to turn left or right at low speed the car turns unnaturally I think is some issue with the steering, second when I use the boot of the car, two of the wheels go up in a weird effect.

Also I get some sounds and an error that comes al the time, like of the cars was charshing continiuly all the time, I show the error at the end of the video, where I show you the log console of the game.

I hope that with this video you could help me with the little issues I still have with my cars, thanks for the help, you are always so helpfull

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i'd try

Code:
    	GroundSpeed=800
    	AirSpeed=950
    	MaxSpeed=1050
    apart from that no idea

as for the steering problem it's hard to second guess without actually see the code+content, if you upload it somewhere and PM me a link then i'll have a look for you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hello again, I cannot solve my problem with steering, just can't find what to change in my code, But I have one more question, how can I change the max speed of my cars?? so each of them can have diferrent properties, I tried with the groundspeed option but it didn't seem to make any change.

Sorry to ask so many questions, But I find to hard the way to create vehicles, thanks for the help

Leave a comment:

• replied
    just re-build the upk and checked it in UDK 08/2011

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20748668/VH_LandTank.upk

hope it helps

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sorry for the double post but check this out from my log file :

Code:
    [0065.51] Log: === Critical error: ===
    ReadFile beyond EOF 39468147+2/39468147 for file C:\UDK\UDK-2011-06\Binaries\Win64\..\..\UDKGame\Content\Vehicles\Geo\VH_LandTank.upk

Address = 0xfd44aa7d (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll]
    Address = 0x40261505 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-06\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x4021d698 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-06\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x40187d87 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-06\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x40203a46 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-06\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x401c36b4 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-06\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x401f837a (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-06\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x4023c3d2 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-06\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x4024530c (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-06\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x4088a5a5 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-06\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x4020637a (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-06\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x4025bb97 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-06\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x4025ce63 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-06\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0xf85dcf42 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll]
    Address = 0x3651a1   (filename not found) 
    Address = 0xffc76b00 (filename not found) 
    Address = 0x52cf18   (filename not found) 
    Address = 0x478f0d8  (filename not found) 
    Address = 0x52cbd8   (filename not found) 
    Address = 0x20000    (filename not found) 
    Address = 0x20000    (filename not found) 
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException error in UDK:

External component has thrown an exception.

at UObject.StaticLoadObject(UClass* , UObject* , Char* , Char* , UInt32 , UPackageMap* , UInt32 )
       at MContentBrowserControl.LoadSelectedObjectsIfNeeded()
       at MContentBrowserControl.LoadAndActivateSelectedAssets()
       at ContentBrowser.AssetCanvas.AssetVisual_MouseDoubleClick(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
       at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
       at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
       at System.Windows.Controls.Control.OnMouseDoubleClick(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Controls.Control.HandleDoubleClick(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
       at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
       at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
       at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseDownThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
       at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
       at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
       at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
       at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
       at GuardedMainWrapper(Char* , HINSTANCE__* , HINSTANCE__* , Int32 )
       at ManagedGuardedMain(Char* CmdLine, HINSTANCE__* hInInstance, HINSTANCE__* hPrevInstance, Int32 nCmdShow)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it must be some simple issue again
    because the content appears in the content browser and even the the texture's images are displayed ! but the name of the package in the list is black and if i either try to open , configure the content or fully load the package , it crashes.

i checked the file i have is the same exact size.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok try these settings

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

using maya will make things a little harder for you but you need to try and align the bone/pivots correctly before skinning to the mesh

@UFO, i've just downloaded the content and tried it and it works fine

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thats strange.
    You could try redownloading the package.

Is it the VH_LandTank.upk
    size; 38,544 KB

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i did place geo's package there and it appeared in the content browser , but now when i try to open , double click or right click them , UDK crashes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it didnt work
    Here is a pic of the setting i have on the turret rotaion.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/unled2tj.png/

I cannot change the bone rotation >yaw = 90
    this is probably because I have had to change the Origen rotation of the skelaten mesh as it is from maya but then there should also be a roll set to -90.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

TO U F O
    if you put the package (the UPK file) into the following fileder in your udk directory

\UDK-2011-05\UDKGame\Content\Vehicles\geo

it should appere in your content browser
    so dont need to load anexternal package

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey GeoDav , I have a problem with opening the package provided in the UDK Tank tutorial. when i open UDK and in the Content browser i choose load external package , it crashes. My udk version is : 2011-06

have any ideas ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok lets see if this helps,
    in the properties of the turrets skeleton controller(animtree)
    1. "Constraint" Invert Yaw tick box "tick"
    2. "Adjustments" Apply Rotation tick box "tick"
    3. "Rotation" Bone Rotation Space list -> BCS_ActorSpace

if unsure shout and i'll do a little vide for you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X