Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the pic - looks like I've got it set up like that though. I'm wondering if the collision on my vehicle could be the problem? Going to try and change that.

Edit: Alright, I've made a bit of progress. I can start an animation that moves another bone up/down. However when I want to use my regular animation (that rotates the base bone) nothing happens. I've tried reducing both gravity and wheel suspension - with no success.

Comment

ok for anims to work you need a bone between your base bone and the one you want to animate (watch my weapon tutorials) afaik you can't animate the base bone to get that to do anything you'll have to code it direct which is way over my head

Comment

Alright, we finally got it working through a lot of trial and error! You are completely correct regarding the base bone - that was the one we animated because we needed everything to move.
        We've added another bone betweed the base and all the others and it's working as intended.

Thanks a lot for your time and help geodav!

Comment

video please MrArgh if your allowed

Comment

I'll try and make a video if I've got the time. Gotta lot going on with our project right now =)
            I'm not completely sure what we did with the bones to get it working by the way. What I wrote earlier was just my quick assumption of what the guy modeling the boat had done. Could be wrong =)

Comment

Dear Geodav,

I've followed your tutorial on "How to set your character as your Player". I've got a problem which is my character couldn't do any things (as jump,walk,etc). I think it doesn't works properly because I don't have a file .psa to solve this problem.
              Do you have any tutorial to make a .psa file, so we can set some movements to my own character?

Comment

@azl, ok sounds like your using a custom mesh/rig for which you would have to create a custom animtree, anyway to create custom/extra anims just create the anim as normal and export it via actorx, i show this in my weapons tutorials its the same workflow just make sure you only have the mesh selected when you export the anims

Comment

Originally posted by geodav View Post
                  @azl, ok sounds like your using a custom mesh/rig for which you would have to create a custom animtree, anyway to create custom/extra anims just create the anim as normal and export it via actorx, i show this in my weapons tutorials its the same workflow just make sure you only have the mesh selected when you export the anims
                  Ok, I've seen your tutorial about weapon. It's same problem, i don't have any .psa file to set the movement/anim for my character. Do you have some examples .psa file which is imported in video tutorial?

Comment

Originally posted by geodav View Post
                    I have the same problem with Azl, I'm pretty confuse getting .psa file, specially for character not for weapon. I've tried exporting .psa from .max model from UT3, I've tried your video tutorial about weapon too, but it didn't work. Do you have some examples .psa file especially for character ?

Comment

come on guys, i don't want to spoon feed you your game content, to create your psa files make your anims then with the mesh selected export your anims via actorx, in the actorx manager then copy over and save the anims as a psa file, its the exact same way as doing the anims for the weapons

if you're still unsure you can also find lots of videos on youtube like this one i just found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmxXx...eature=related

Comment

I followed the video and exported my gun via actorx. I got the following errors.
                        Node without matching vertices encountered for mesh: [Box03]
                        Node without matching vertices encountered for mesh: [Box05]
                        Warning: 333 'Unmatched node ID' Physique skin vertex errors encountered
                        Unsmooth groups processing: [1641] vertices added
                        Skin file GUNEXPORT.PSK written

When I import the psk to udk I get message
                        "Warning skeletal mesh is has no vertex influences"
                        And as you can see in guninudk.jpg. Half the gun isn't there.

Whats difference between your gun in the video and my gun in the pic below?
                        I dont understand whats with all the green triangles. Are they supposed to be bullets. If so I already have projectile set up in my projectile factory kismet code.
                        Attached Files

Comment

ok
                          1st. make sure your weapon is a single mesh, "attach" all the peices together
                          2nd. the green triangles are simple max objects which i link together to make the "rig" i do it this way as i find it easier to control than max bones.
                          3rd. apply a skin modifier and skin(vertex wieght) your mesh to the bones
                          4th. with "only" the mesh selected export your weapon via actorx making sure you use the correct settings as shown on the video and on the website.

weapons don't use kismet at all afaik, and certainly not for a automatic pistol

Comment

I'm attempting to do everything in the video again with a different weapon and have run into some problems.

1.The triangles are not showing up under the skin modifier,
                            2. The triangles are not showing any signs of heirarchy, despite me linking them together.

You can see my 3ds max gun in pic below
                            Attached Files

Comment

1st. get rid of everything esle in the scene so that you only have the weapon (as a single mesh) and the bones/pyramids
                              2nd. now open the "select by name lister" (hotkey H) to see your objects/bones makes sure you have "Display Children" ticked in the display settings of the lister.
                              3rd. if the above is ok and your bones are linked together then apply a skin modifer to your mesh, add the bones and weight the verties.
                              if your unsure what i'm on about the read/watch the 3ds max tutorials or trawl youtube

Comment

the triangles are not showing up in the bones areas. the only selectable is something called group. and i still cant add weight. i appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
                                X