X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, that gave me the errors/warning and i got it working

Thank u

Comment

don't forget to post a screenshot or a video please.

i do like see-ing peoples progress

Comment

My friend and I started working on creating a basic gun. We are making a not very detailed MP5.
        My question is, how can we cut out a section of a tube to make the place where the bullet would pop out? We have the tubes, but we would like to delete a rectangular prism section out of the shapes.

Is this possible, or will we need to create a bunch of smaller shapes and just fill in around the area.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the compound boolean option.
        That does bring another question though...

I had all of the parts (for this part of the object) created, mapped, welded, and made into a single poly.
        When I cut the section out, it seems to have taken all of this work and gotten rid of it. Mapping is just all the parts everywhere and it looks like I never did anything in the first place.
        Is this normal?
        Should I re-weld all the pats?

Thanks

Comment

please don't use boolean object for game work it cause to many extra polys.
          go back to the old mesh select the polygons of where you want the ejectionport to be and delete them select the inner and outter borders and hit the bridge button, now you only have to map the new faces/polys

Comment

Hey guys, been following GeoDav's excellent tutorials and at the moment I'm trying to get this working;

Been following the tank tutorial and so far I think I've done the majority correctly, my problem is with the scripting. I'm certainly not a coder but I've been doing the best. I've mostly just been tweaking GeoDav's original files but my problem at the moment is once everything has loaded the tank isn't visible in-game. I'm guessing I just missed a path somewhere but it's starting to drive me crazy now :P Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Very Sexy. I've just made the above photo UDKC.info's Picture of the Moment.

Comment

pm me a link with the content and i'll check it out for you

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Polaris View Post
                  Very Sexy. I've just made the above photo UDKC.info's Picture of the Moment.
                  Wasn't expecting that! I should've uploaded a higher rez image Thanks though, very cool.

@Geodav- I decided to redo the whole thing, my bones weren't great, had a messy file system etc. I'm a lot happier with it this time around, just starting the dreaded coding now so unless by random act of god I get it right, I'll PM for help soon :P

Comment

Excellent Tutorials , tnx Geodav

Comment

So,
                      Some of the parts for weapons are hard to make...
                      I figured out I can use AutoDesk Inventor to make the parts and then import them to 3DS Max.

I can then Unrwap the Mapping and weld and stuff.

It is really easy to make complex parts in Inventor, and import them all to put together in 3ds.

Are there any problems with doing this that anyone knows of?
                      (There are a ton of shapes in the flattened mapping)
                      (This may just be because I made it really detailed)

Comment

main thing is watch the polycount for most vehicles you don't really want to be over 12,000 triangles, remember if your vehicle shows the character then it might be a good idea to be lower than 12k, oh and don#t forget to do the LOD's for the vehicles as well

Comment

Originally posted by geodav View Post
                          main thing is watch the polycount for most vehicles you don't really want to be over 12,000 triangles, remember if your vehicle shows the character then it might be a good idea to be lower than 12k, oh and don#t forget to do the LOD's for the vehicles as well
                          How do I see the number of triangles?
                          Also, any recommendations on the number of triangles for weapons

Comment

in max right click on a window name (eg:- front) select configure then the Statistics tab then tick triangle count and Total+selection and shoe statistics in active viewport, click ok

for weapons it#s the same sort of thing 12k max but if your using firstperson arms then weapon+arms 12k

Comment

I'm about 3/4 the way done with the skeleton. (before colors and anims)
                              (I'm making an MP5)
                              I have about 8k polys and 11k triangles (I'm still working with the mapping on 1 of the parts though)

The pistol grip part I'm working on (very detailed) has:
                              6,792 polys and triangles right now
                              5,466 verts right now.

It makes up over half of the polys and triangles in my gun over all so far

Comment

i suggest making the pistolgrip no more than 100 polys, no need for more that that

Comment

Working...
                                X