Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED hack fix] disableFocusKeys not working and performing irregularly

Hi,

I have setup a keybinding menu and currently the arrow keys (up, down, left, right) are still being used to tab across the menu. I set disableFocusKeys = true; on the FocusManager but it doesn't stop the arrow keys moving around the menu.

When I set disableFocusKeys to false it tabs but only every second menu item.

I have no problem capturing the key events for arrows but disabling the focus keys in this part of the menu is vital to be able to re-bind the arrow keys for left handed gamers.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

[EDIT]

I created a solution for the disableFocusKeys not working.

As I was creating a keybind menu and needed to trap the UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT and HOME INSERT etc keys , I needed to make sure they didn't follow the tab order and switch focus.

I created an internal movieclip that captured the KeyDown. I set the following code to force the clip to become Modal and only focus within the clip itself.

//AS3.0
    FocusManager.setModalClip(myKeyBindMC);
    When the movieclip closed and the bind was set or cancelled, I simply set the Modal clip to undefined

AS3.0
    FocusManager.setModalClip(undefined);
    Hope it helps.

Still have this problem. Would anyone have had a similar problem?

Comment

I don-t think it works fine.

Are you instancing the movie from kismet or from unrealscript ?

Instancing from unrealscript may give you some solutions.

Means from the HUD, start a new object wich is your movie, with the New keyword.

Comment

it is instanced from kismet and I have tried all kinds of ignoreKeys and captureInput settings. I will test this with an instanced version but I don't think I am able to load it dynamically (not my code... just working on the scaleform side of things. only have limited ability to change things).

[Edit: I changed the settings in the usual places and the hardcoded method in the FocusManager directly. No change. The actual variable get/setter looks like a native function so I cannot see or alter the code as I don't have c++ access. ]

Comment

Working...
        X