swf file causes UDK to crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swf file causes UDK to crash

made my swf menu in flash, tested with the GFXmediaPlayer and published settings.

I open it in "play on PC" with the correct kismet code, and it crashes.

The file is 500kb, is that too much?

I've put one music, and one sound effect, and my movie clips have motion tween.

Anyone know why .swf file causes udk to crash?

the only thing I can suggest,as im a newbie with flash,is have you put a slight delay between any gfx related kismet nodes.a 0.01 delay is fine.

Comment

Hey Gaz, I've tried putting a delay but it would still crash. The problem was sound and music. It appears that UDK didn't like them. So what I have done is, if(click button)fscomman("sound"). and on kismet, after the movie is loaded, i have fscommands that listen for "sound". If it hears it then it plays the sound effect. Takes more time. but it's a good resolve in my opinion.

Comment

I believe best practice is to let udk do all the work and just use flash to display stuff.so you would use kismet or uscript to play the sounds.but if you have it working then all is good.

Comment

You're absolutely right, let flash display, and let udk handle sound and other multimedia effects!

Comment

Working...
          X