Functioning Button in Menu (AS2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Functioning Button in Menu (AS2)

Hi guys. Bit new, haven't used Unreal 3 since before UDK. Also not really a programmer. I'm setting up a menu screen going by a combination of this tutorial using vectorian giotto and flash develop:
    https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...d-FlashDevelop

And a tutorial on youtube

The aforementioned tutorial on this site has been very good, but I am wondering if it provided implementation of button function and I'm just missing it or not. I've got everything set up except for button functionality. Using AS2, I've added:

_root.btnPlay.onRelease = function()
    {
    fscommand("loadmap");

}

btnPlay being the name of my button.

I've got it wired in Kismet, looks like it should check out there. I'm just uncertain about adding code to the Action Script to get it working.

Thanks in advance

Code:
    on (press) {
    	fscommand("SETTINGS");
    }
    this is what I use and it works.with the button selected put it in the actions window.

Comment

Hi gaz, thanks for the reply! I did try that one as well. Are you using Giotto and Flash Develop? If so, did you put that in the action script area to the button in VG or did you put it in Flash Develop? (I've tried it in VG to no avail)

Comment

just for the sake of bringing the thread up to speed, I'm currently trying to get the button to work solely via the flash player, trying to get it to open url upon release:

(got that working now)

Just trying to get it working in UDK to open a new level

Comment

sorry,im using cs6 and only just starting to get into it myself.if you mean getting it to work without the fscommand in udk that will involve uscript aswell and im not that advanced yet.

Comment

from the tutorial I've seen, there's the simple fscommand in AS like what you posted and then you just go to Kismet, rig an FS Command node to a Console Command and viola....but something is amiss.

Thanks for looking out for me though

Comment

Got it working!

Comment

cool.glad to be of help.

Comment

Working...
                X