Casting GFxObject to GFxClikWidget fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casting GFxObject to GFxClikWidget fails

Hi, excuse me if this is a very basic error or mistake, but I couldn't find this description in the forum.

My swf contains an option stepper widget I am trying to initialize in uscript

Code:
    var GFxClikWidget myStepper;

event bool WidgetInitialized(name WidgetName, name WidgetPath, GFxObject Widget)
    {
    	switch(WidgetName)
    	{
    		case 'myStepper':
    			`Log(">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>" @ Widget);
    			myStepper= GFxClikWidget(Widget);
    			ScreenResOption.AddEventListener('CLIK_click', OnMyStepperEvent);
    			break;
    		default:
    			break;
    	}
    	return true;
    }
    The widget object seems valid, I changed myStepper to GFxObject to test the assignment without errors. But trying to cast to GFxClikWidget fails, it always return none.

Any idea why this can be happening? Perhaps a missing flag from the fla files?

I set up from as3 a data provider, it also looks a correct behavior when importing the swf in UDK.
    On the GFx media player I get no warnings or errors.

I found out that not only the options stepper fails the casting, but any other button on my scene. I guess this has to do with some general setup S:

Comment

At least I managed to find a workaround, but it seems an overhead to do this, basically I am catching this object during the start, it is very nested in my scene, I wonder if this is correct:

Code:
      var GFxObject temp1, temp2, temp3;

function bool start( optional bool StartPause = false )
      {
      	local GFxObject root;

super.Start();
      	Advance(0);

root = GetVariableObject("_root");
          temp1= root.GetObject("subobj1");    
      	temp2 = temp1.GetObject("subobj22");    
      	temp3 = temp2.GetObject("subobj3");    
      	myStepper= GFxClikWidget(temp3.GetObject("myStepper", class'GFxClikWidget'));
      	myStepper.AddEventListener('CLIK_click', OnMyStepperEvent);
      	return TRUE;
      }
      That gives me a correct myStepper reference, why is this only working this way?
      I also tried invoking the nesting objects with root.GetObject("subobj1.subobj2...") it doesn't work.

I am not entirely sure of this method, seems the object reference is correct but now I am creating a data provider to this GFxClikWidget and it doesn't get populated at all during run-time (even invalidating the data provider which is actually empty from as3).

Any recommendations ?

Comment

Finally as fro the none reference I originally posted, it is due to the missing

Code:
        WidgetBindings.Add((WidgetName="myStepper",WidgetClass=class'GFxCLIKWidget'))
        Without this binding the object in widgetinitialized won't be considered as a class'GFxCLIKWidget, then the cast will fail.
        Thank you guys.

Comment

Working...
        X