Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AS2 Help - Jump to a frame if you are in an array of frames.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AS2 Help - Jump to a frame if you are in an array of frames.

Hi there, i need some help with AS2, i'm not entirely surely what i need to be searching for so this thread may already exist but here it goes.

I need to be able to call a function through kismet to say that if a movie is within a range of frames ie (1,40) then whenever the function 'UP' is called, it will gotoandplay 'x' frame. And repeats from there.. If the movie is in frames (41-59) when 'UP' is called it'll play from 'x frame.

Here's a video of a scoring system i've set up through Kismet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uML0QqRCW4k
    This current set up requires me to open and close many flash movies and it feels like really poor practice todo so, so i'm trying to get everything in one flash movie instead.

I appreciate any feedback!.

Send an int into kismet from the flash movie everytime a new range is encountered. When "up" is reached in kismet then use if statement to check for example: if (yourframerangeint==0) then you are in the range of 0-40 so call a command for killing the player, or if (yourframerangeint==2) then you're in the range of 41-80 and so call a command for spawning a dragon... etc. What are your multiple movies used for?

Comment

Originally posted by garner View Post
      Send an int into kismet from the flash movie everytime a new range is encountered. When "up" is reached in kismet then use if statement to check for example: if (yourframerangeint==0) then you are in the range of 0-40 so call a command for killing the player, or if (yourframerangeint==2) then you're in the range of 41-80 and so call a command for spawning a dragon... etc. What are your multiple movies used for?
      Cheers, that makes sense.

I've got multiple flash files as part of the scoring system so when the player gets X2 multiplier, it will play the X2 multiplier movie. When they get X3 multiplier it'll close X2 movie and play X3 movie. Obviously this is just a pain and poor practice, so i'm putting everything into one flash movie now.

EDIT: How it'll work now is when the multiplier timer is counting down, if the player kills a bot it'll then jump to the next multiplier where the process will repeat.

Comment

Working...
      X