Hi all !
    I hope I'm in the right thread
    i want to make a menu like it was in Tomb Raider series

Example---->

Is it possible ??

Originally posted by LuciferFlash View Post
    Is it possible ??
    It most definitely is.

Head over to UDN and read up on Scaleform workflow.

Comment

Thanks
      A bit hard to understand everything but i think i can handle it and i found some video tutoriials for simple menus

Comment

When it boils down to it, it's quite easy and straightforward, you just need to adhere to recommendations from Scaleform guys, avoid too much code and use those CLIK components, they are a timesaver.

Comment

Thanks for helping

Comment

you will have to set that it does not pause the game on begin and stuff like that, and it's better set it as a hud movie than start it with kismet

Comment

You mean i should render it for a movie ? Then just give the movie for the menus background ?
              It can be any type of movie files ?? (*mp4,mov*,avi*, ect...) Udk will recognize ?
              Sorry for the lot of questions i am new

Comment

That if you wanna be able to enter input , for isntance in a textField , or if you wanna have a backround moving , or if you wanna have music playing , you need to have the game not paused.

If you do the scaleform quickstart it pauses the game , and you can enter input , but if you do not pause the game you seem to be unable to enter input in the textField.

Then you will know what i mean with that ^^.

If you instance your GfxMovie as a HUD movie , then you can enter input.

Comment

Working...
                X