Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[AS2] ExternalInterface.call not being received in unrealscript.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Sorry to necro. Would you guys please elaborate what you mean by "rerouting" ? I'm having issues with ExternalInterface and would love to know the meaning behind your ideas.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool, I have to look into this ExternalInterface rerouting, sounds interesting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Figured it out, during the instantiation of the GFxHUD within its wrapper, I was setting externalinterface to reroute. I didn't even know that was possible (and its cool) and I do not remember doing it...

In any case, I also tested both event and function, either works.

Thanks limscafo for all your help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Photonic View Post
    I did read that forums post already. I searched all over for this problem. It is really interesting. I checked the MovieInfo last night. I will check it again, when I get home from work. Last night I made a blank movie and it worked fine. Then I copied those lines of code into my movie. It still didn't work. I am not sure what is wrong with my file, but I am sure I will figure it out eventually. If anyone else has ideas on what to check, feel free to post.
    Everything was fine. I have cut down the movie to a completely blank scene:

TimeLine:
    Code:
    import flash.external.ExternalInterface;

trace("External Calling");
    ExternalInterface.call('TestUnrealFunction');
    trace("External Called");

stop();
    and my UnrealScript
    Code:
    class SBGFxHUD extends GFxMoviePlayer;

function bool Start(optional bool StartPaused = false)
    {
    	Super.Start();

`log("HUD has started!");

return true;
    }

//Tried function and event....
    event TestUnrealFunction()
    {
    	`log("TestUnrealFunction was called from Flash");
    }

DefaultProperties
    {
    	bDisplayWithHudOff=true
    	bEnableGammaCorrection=false
    	MovieInfo=SwfMovie'SB_UI.HUD2' // This is correct, I checked 10 times.
    	bShowHardwareMouseCursor=false
    }
    Still not working. I am going insane.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by limscafo View Post
    We had a similar topic on this, not sure if it was solved. Here it is: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ce-not-working

Are you sure your "GFxHUD extends GFxMoviePlayer" is corresponding with your flash file. I.E. it has in defaultproperties{ MovieInfo=SwfMovie'package.swfname' } Because flash can only find unrealfunctions that are in the .UC file for this flash file.

edit: also I checked my code and I did not use event, just normal function, so: function HUDUnitSelected(string unitID) maybe try this.
    I did read that forums post already. I searched all over for this problem. It is really interesting. I checked the MovieInfo last night. I will check it again, when I get home from work. Last night I made a blank movie and it worked fine. Then I copied those lines of code into my movie. It still didn't work. I am not sure what is wrong with my file, but I am sure I will figure it out eventually. If anyone else has ideas on what to check, feel free to post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We had a similar topic on this, not sure if it was solved. Here it is: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ce-not-working

Are you sure your "GFxHUD extends GFxMoviePlayer" is corresponding with your flash file. I.E. it has in defaultproperties{ MovieInfo=SwfMovie'package.swfname' } Because flash can only find unrealfunctions that are in the .UC file for this flash file.

edit: also I checked my code and I did not use event, just normal function, so: function HUDUnitSelected(string unitID) maybe try this.

Leave a comment:

• [AS2] ExternalInterface.call not being received in unrealscript.

So I am attempting to teach myself the UnrealScript side of scaleform. I am trying to get ExternalInterface to work, but it just won't...

Here is my code:

AS2
    Code:
    import flash.external.ExternalInterface;
    	public function unrealUnitSelected():Void {
    		trace("clicked");
    		ExternalInterface.call('HUDUnitSelected',"test");
    	}
    UnrealScript inside of GFxHUD class that extends GFxMoviePlayer
    Code:
    //I have attempted event and function.
    event HUDUnitSelected(string unitID)
    {
    	`log(unitID);
    }

Now, in the scaleform launcher this works fine. I get the external interface call and the arguments. However, unreal does not pick them up at all. I get the GFX trace in the unreal log for clicked, but nothing else. Does anyone have any idea what is going on. I have done something similar to this on another project, and it worked perfectly fine...
Working...
X